Your Day - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2019, 12:03 PM   #67431 (permalink)
building in web3
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 9,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
Day update part 2:
Bought protein off amazon because there was only one more left at dollar general and Ill probably buy it if they dont get more in. So I thought to just buy the bigger tubs off amazon.
I also purchased the hard cover of "Mastery" by Robert Greene. I feel myself actually taking the time to read this one. Even if its just audiobook. Plus since I already had the protein coming, might as well get the book too. Granted I just wasted 20 bucks on the first book I probably wont finish Sort of not happy with my bible not being hard cover now too. plus my manly p hall book isnt hard cover. those would be worth an investment
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 05:08 PM   #67432 (permalink)
blah
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Earth
Posts: 327
Default

.

Last edited by GunmouthGrace; 07-19-2022 at 09:16 PM.
GunmouthGrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 06:56 PM   #67433 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 47,918
Default

Two things have made me uncontrollably bawl in the last few years: the series finale of Dexter and cradling my cat in my arms right after he'd been euthanized. I still have a little coaster looking thing with an imprint of his paw print sitting on my desk. Much love, homegurl.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:06 PM   #67434 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Dexter was a good show. The ending was cool too even though some losers didn’t like it
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:12 PM   #67435 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Two things have made me uncontrollably bawl in the last few years: the series finale of Dexter and cradling my cat in my arms right after he'd been euthanized. I still have a little coaster looking thing with an imprint of his paw print sitting on my desk. Much love, homegurl.
Have you seen Shrek 2?
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:12 PM   #67436 (permalink)
jwb
I have an Army of Jews
 
jwb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 4,400
Default

I never finished Dexter. Quit in the 6th season. Got boring. Parts of that show really annoyed me too.

Like he's somehow damaged enough by one childhood trauma to have an insatiable bloodlust yet his dad can train him to hone it within the limits of some sort of conventional morality.

"Harry. The code. Harryyyyy"

Stfu

Also his dedication to his wife he wasn't even intimate with. Somehow it's just a strategic move to have a wife and kids as a serial killer to"blend in." Cause obviously if you're a serial killer, gone long hours of the night, the one thing you need in your life is a nagging wife you don't love wondering where you've been. Plus Dexter just strikes me as gay or asexual in general.

It was an entertaining show in its right... But yea certain aspects annoyed me throughout.

...

If I'm being honest, I don't think I've ever cried over a pet. Last two things I can remember crying over irl were a breakup at 24 or so and before that, being sent to live with my dad (being separated from my mom) at age 13.

Certain movies will make me cry. Top one that comes to my mind is La Vita E Bella.
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:15 PM   #67437 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 47,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Dexter was a good show. The ending was cool too even though some losers didn’t like it
SPOILERS for Dexter

Season 8 was a train wreck and much of that last episode was terrible as well but the writers at least knew how to mercilessly go for the heart strings with the ending. I swear to god I almost never cried at anything beyond getting vaguely misty-eyed for years before watching that but then it just opened the flood gates and they've never quite closed since. I'm kind of a weepy bitch sometimes now. I feel like if I ever met the actress who played Deb IRL I'd have some irrational breakdown like "OMG you're alive I'm so glad!"

Season 7 was god tier though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:19 PM   #67438 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

They played cooled ambient music in the series finale iirc
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:20 PM   #67439 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 47,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
I never finished Dexter. Quit in the 6th season. Got boring. Parts of that show really annoyed me too.

Like he's somehow damaged enough by one childhood trauma to have an insatiable bloodlust yet his dad can train him to hone it within the limits of some sort of conventional morality.

"Harry. The code. Harryyyyy"

Stfu

Also his dedication to his wife he wasn't even intimate with. Somehow it's just a strategic move to have a wife and kids as a serial killer to"blend in." Cause obviously if you're a serial killer, gone long hours of the night, the one thing you need in your life is a nagging wife you don't love wondering where you've been. Plus Dexter just strikes me as gay or asexual in general.

It was an entertaining show in its right... But yea certain aspects annoyed me throughout.

...

If I'm being honest, I don't think I've ever cried over a pet. Last two things I can remember crying over irl were a breakup at 24 or so and before that, being sent to live with my dad (being separated from my mom) at age 13.

Certain movies will make me cry. Top one that comes to my mind is La Vita E Bella.
Season 6 was pretty god awful but the season after that was my fav one. Dexter was inconsistent as **** but tops when it was good, and the very concept was about as realistic as superhero comics so you kinda just had to go with it. A sociopathic serial killer with a heart of gold simply requires suspension of disbelief.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 07:21 PM   #67440 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 47,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
They played cooled ambient music in the series finale iirc
omg fuggin nerd
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2023 Advameg, Inc.