Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2018, 05:25 PM   #171 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Bro if you weigh half a ton then you should see either a doctor or Maury Povich.
All muscle, baby

__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 05:52 PM   #172 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,300
Default

Kingpin has always bothered me as a Spider-Man villain cause if one guy can lift a car then no matter how buff Kingpin is he should still get his head taken off by the other.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:38 PM   #173 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,983
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah I'm basically straight, but I'll differentiate that from 100% straight. I've had sexual relations with a guy and I enjoyed it more or less cause it was kind of fun. You don't have to be gay or even bi to enjoy aspects of homosexual sex, you just have to be open minded I guess and have something to you that allows you to enjoy it. I'm not attracted to men at all for the most part, and even when I'll say I am I'm still mostly having fun with the idea. I'm just not loyal to my "team".

I joke around about how I'd go gay for Chris Evans, and that's true, not true, kinda true, whatever true, I don't even know. But I'd still give it a shot and probably still consider myself straight, or maybe I'd turn my whole idea of my sexuality in a blender. I don't know. I probably still wouldn't have much desire to have sex with the vast majority of men. Chris Evans is simply a treasure for the bicurious.

But the point is for me that gay, straight, LGBT, whatever the **** doesn't have to be a specific spot you have to stand on. It's not even a spectrum to me. It's just whatever the hell it means to me. To some people it means something concrete, to some people it doesn't, and to some people it might even mean nothing.

But no matter what it means it's an insult to my sexuality that I should be expected to put a label on it for any of your benefit.
If only more people were like this...men especially.

How many heterosexual men are afraid to play with their a-hole during sex because they think this means they're gay? (Although I was happy to see that Broad city was trying to bring "pegging" into the mainstream.)

I've never really given much thought to bi-curiousness, probably because women are not as casual about sex as men, but I can't say I'd throw the likes of Kim Kardashian out of bed. In this theoretical situation where a sexy woman is willing to just play a bit, I guess it could be fun to experiment. (Plus, a guy will just put it in any willing hole).

Not now though, I'm in a committed relationship. :angel:
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 08:52 PM   #174 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,300
Default

Bruh, stick something up your ******* when you're jacking it and your toes will literally curl. The only problem is that you have to wash it off. But find me a girl with a strap-on or a beautiful transsexual with a nice dick and I'll spend my next few checks buying a wedding ring. A finger would be nice and all but give me butt play with some width, nawmsayin?

Homophobia isn't gonna end with straights realizing that gays are people too. They already know that. It'll end when they realize that wet friction of any kind can make them cum if they just chill the **** out. Make someone cum and they'll like you a lot more.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #175 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,676
Default

This is strang response coming from someone who uses ***got as an insult.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:06 PM   #176 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
This is strang response coming from someone who uses ***got as an insult.
Fck y, nggr.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 10:27 PM   #177 (permalink)
mayor of spookytown
 
Chiomara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 812
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Gender fluidity is an interesting topic. I think I remember reading a few studies awhile back that concluded that very few people are truly always 100% "straight" or "gay". And of course, there was that study that blew up everywhere that said that the majority of women are actually bisexual (can't remember if it was worldwide or just in the U.S.). But it's a complex topic with a vast amount of biological and sociological factors. Some people are pretty much born with their orientation, others find it later on in life. In the end, I guess all you can really do is let people figure everything out in their own way, without pressuring them or making assumptions (i.e., saying stuff like "I can make them straight", or "they're just faking").
I still honestly don't know my orientation, and I hate that I even feel bothered by not knowing. (We should all be more like Batlord in that regard) And I know that sexual orientation and gender identity are separate things, but my occasional gender dysphoria always seems to coincide with my sexual orientation crises. (Part of it is definitely just my OCD acting up, but they're still intertwined for some reason) I've always resented being female-- the social conditioning, the abuse, feeling like nothing but a sex object at the ripe old age of 12 (which causes you to start viewing yourself through an objectifying lens as well), the exhausting performative femininity, and the passive aggressive punishments one receives when attempting to take a break from such behaviors-- and upon realizing I wasn't straight many moons ago, there was a great feeling of relief, but also a sense of loss upon realizing how much time I wasted and how much I tortured myself trying to be the feminine ideal in order to avoid the aforementioned social punishment & harassment that would surely be thrust upon me by the small minded lecherous gremlins that tend to run rampant in small southern towns. Not that I consider myself a victim-- I helped build my own prison, I accepted it-- I made myself small & grew ever smaller as I ignored my needs for years in order to build up others who ultimately used me/wanted a mother or a pet as opposed to an equal partner.

I don't know what point I was getting at, but, it seems that most people who feel "gender fluid" and/or experience some degree of gender dysphoria are LGBT. But a lot of people in the community feel that the identity of "nonbinary" (or "genderqueer") is in fact even more limiting than the existing gender identities, with just as many unspoken restrictive rules and pressures. Of course these things are unavoidable-- within lesbian communities, for instance, it's sometimes looked down upon for two butches to date each other, so, there's always going to be some degree of unfair judgment even within supposedly inclusive and open minded communities.

I wish it didn't matter. I wish there there wasn't a need to signal one's gayness or lack thereof/conform to yet another set of ever-changing rules within the preexisting set of rules that comes along with each gender; I wish one's self-worth did not hinge upon how well and convincingly they performed their gender/sexual orientation before their chosen social group, but it often does, and many so-called liberal places are unbearably judgey and filled with insufferable gatekeepers. With each passing day I feel more and more like an androgynous alien, and it stresses me out to wonder where I'd even belong in any given town's lgbt spaces. I leap back and forth between asexuality, bisexuality and repressed lesbianism. (Especially since all the lsd i took recently basically rearranged my brain and obliterated various parts of my persona) Since I live in the south, I can't really dress how I want without risking harassment or worse. (once, my ex gf and I had a record number of three bottles thrown at our head over the course of just one evening)

I don't know. Much of this agony (and the compulsive need to perform and identify as something) is just an inevitable part of living in a society; if all were to vanish and there was no audience-- just you, unfettered and an endless black desert & the ghosts of your disappointed ancestors or whatever-- I'm sure we'd all feel much less vexed over the whole thing and just be aimless deviants in peace, but alas.
__________________
Χρυσοσανδαλαιμοποτιχθονία
Tumblr - 8tracks - Spotify
Chiomara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 01:09 AM   #178 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
BassoonPlatoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Springfield
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Social pressure to conform to societal expectations of relationships/family is definitely NOT comparable to the real threats of or actual violence and quotidian expressions of hate that the LGBT community has to face in most of the world. Two VERY different issues, with very different impact on the respective people. :/
It doesn't matter if they are comparable. This isn't a contest. Everyone faces problems based on their identity and there shouldn't be any minimizing that.

Rape is a threat of violence, and it is extremely prevalent in the lives of "straight people". The issues may be different, but copping out like that and pretending that everybody doesn't face something is an injustice.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And Calvin and Hobbes is the best comic. The ****'s wrong with you?
Snowy owls bark like dogs.
BassoonPlatoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:20 AM   #179 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
We should all be more like Batlord in that regard
Only that regard? Eat ****.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 05:12 AM   #180 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiomara View Post
I still honestly don't know my orientation, and I hate that I even feel bothered by not knowing. (We should all be more like Batlord in that regard) And I know that sexual orientation and gender identity are separate things, but my occasional gender dysphoria always seems to coincide with my sexual orientation crises. (Part of it is definitely just my OCD acting up, but they're still intertwined for some reason) I've always resented being female-- the social conditioning, the abuse, feeling like nothing but a sex object at the ripe old age of 12 (which causes you to start viewing yourself through an objectifying lens as well), the exhausting performative femininity, and the passive aggressive punishments one receives when attempting to take a break from such behaviors-- and upon realizing I wasn't straight many moons ago, there was a great feeling of relief, but also a sense of loss upon realizing how much time I wasted and how much I tortured myself trying to be the feminine ideal in order to avoid the aforementioned social punishment & harassment that would surely be thrust upon me by the small minded lecherous gremlins that tend to run rampant in small southern towns. Not that I consider myself a victim-- I helped build my own prison, I accepted it-- I made myself small & grew ever smaller as I ignored my needs for years in order to build up others who ultimately used me/wanted a mother or a pet as opposed to an equal partner.

I don't know what point I was getting at, but, it seems that most people who feel "gender fluid" and/or experience some degree of gender dysphoria are LGBT. But a lot of people in the community feel that the identity of "nonbinary" (or "genderqueer") is in fact even more limiting than the existing gender identities, with just as many unspoken restrictive rules and pressures. Of course these things are unavoidable-- within lesbian communities, for instance, it's sometimes looked down upon for two butches to date each other, so, there's always going to be some degree of unfair judgment even within supposedly inclusive and open minded communities.

I wish it didn't matter. I wish there there wasn't a need to signal one's gayness or lack thereof/conform to yet another set of ever-changing rules within the preexisting set of rules that comes along with each gender; I wish one's self-worth did not hinge upon how well and convincingly they performed their gender/sexual orientation before their chosen social group, but it often does, and many so-called liberal places are unbearably judgey and filled with insufferable gatekeepers. With each passing day I feel more and more like an androgynous alien, and it stresses me out to wonder where I'd even belong in any given town's lgbt spaces. I leap back and forth between asexuality, bisexuality and repressed lesbianism. (Especially since all the lsd i took recently basically rearranged my brain and obliterated various parts of my persona) Since I live in the south, I can't really dress how I want without risking harassment or worse. (once, my ex gf and I had a record number of three bottles thrown at our head over the course of just one evening)

I don't know. Much of this agony (and the compulsive need to perform and identify as something) is just an inevitable part of living in a society; if all were to vanish and there was no audience-- just you, unfettered and an endless black desert & the ghosts of your disappointed ancestors or whatever-- I'm sure we'd all feel much less vexed over the whole thing and just be aimless deviants in peace, but alas.
I really haven't talked with you all that much on this forum, but I have noticed that you're kind of awesome, and if others are so hung up on roles and expectations that they can't see that, then it's their ****ing loss.

Whether you ever want to put a label on your sexuality is completely up to you, but it's more important that you're mentally and physically in a place that you find fulfilling. That place might change over time, so it's not wrong to be a sexual nomad (great name for a psych rock band right there) rather than staying in one place for the benefit of someone else.

But, yeah, it'd probably help if you moved out of the deep south. I hear Canada has lots of poutine. And AYAOTD re-runs.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.