Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2018, 05:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
You can ask the mods to kind of monitor a thread dedicated to that kind of discussion to keep it from getting trolled or create a member club and invite only certain people. I don't suspect it would get much use since we all talk openly about these kinds of issues.
You know, I was about to post that there's probably no need for that since I see musicbanter as a relatively mature community, and then Oriphiel posted. So...yeah...:/
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,950
Default

What, you don't like Hard Gay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
and then Oriphiel posted.
Pretty much the refrain of MB
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:33 AM   #13 (permalink)
washed up
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 3,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
You can ask the mods to kind of monitor a thread dedicated to that kind of discussion to keep it from getting trolled or create a member club and invite only certain people. I don't suspect it would get much use since we all talk openly about these kinds of issues.
We got some trolls here but i dont think anyone is bad enough to troll a thread like this
__________________
http://cloudcover1.bandcamp.com/
http://daydreamsociety.bandcamp.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
You are literally hitler.
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:49 AM   #14 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 8,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
We got some trolls here but i dont think anyone is bad enough to troll a thread like this
You must have missed that thread aimed at bullying a forumista about two weeks ago.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 06:55 AM   #15 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,950
Default

Btw, this thread is kind of silly. LGBT peeps can just express themselves in the normal threads instead of being stuck in "the gay corner", and if people try to give them shit for talking about gay rights/movies/sex in the regular threads, well, those bigots can just go fuck themselves. Never stopped me and Batlord from text-fucking across the forum like every week.

But then again, I love silly threads, and it's not like it really matters all that much where people choose to bant. Carry on.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:11 AM   #16 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,984
Default

Nobody's stuck in anything, but your argument could basically be applied also to gay clubs, gay chatrooms or forums or websites or newspapers or any kind of specific LGBTQ oriented venue. The point of all of those things, and hopefully of this thread, is that maybe queer people don't want to sift through the entire forum to read or share about something that interests them and their community. Being a minority means that content that is specifically catered to you is a little harder to find. Hence, specialized venues etc.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:34 AM   #17 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,384
Default

Not really. What youre asking for is a regular bar to have a LGBTQ day, not a LGBTQ version Music Banter. If I want to talk about a specific comic book or video game I make a thread about it, if you want to talk about a specific queer topic you make a thread about it. Either way it's getting lost among all the other threads and posts. No content on here is specifically catered to any particular group.

You are free to express your opinions about anything from your perspective. If you want moderation or control over the subject you should consider my recommendations. Otherwise, you are going to be intermingled with people who may not share you ideology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
You know, I was about to post that there's probably no need for that since I see musicbanter as a relatively mature community, and then Oriphiel posted. So...yeah...:/
Jokes don't make you less mature.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Last edited by DwnWthVwls; 08-05-2018 at 08:41 AM.
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,950
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Nobody's stuck in anything, but your argument could basically be applied also to gay clubs, gay chatrooms or forums or websites or newspapers or any kind of specific LGBTQ oriented venue. The point of all of those things, and hopefully of this thread, is that maybe queer people don't want to sift through the entire forum to read or share about something that interests them and their community. Being a minority means that content that is specifically catered to you is a little harder to find. Hence, specialized venues etc.
Straight people care about LGBT issues, too. Movies, books, news stories, etc., shouldn't be shoehorned into one thread just because they involve gay people, as if gay people are the only ones who should take notice or care.

Clubs are for hookups, man. They're great for what they are. But this forum is for discourse, and the sexual orientation of a person doesn't magically make them unrelatable to people of other orientations. Trust me, you can post gay stuff in the regular threads, nobody will judge you.

So yeah, this thread is silly. It's pretty much the same as if someone made a "Black Dude Corner". Why bother? You've got a whole forum to play with.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #19 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Straight people care about LGBT issues, too. Movies, books, news stories, etc., shouldn't be shoehorned into one thread just because they involve gay people, as if gay people are the only ones who should take notice or care.

Clubs are for hookups, man. They're great for what they are. But this forum is for discourse, and the sexual orientation of a person doesn't magically make them unrelatable to people of other orientations. Trust me, you can post gay stuff in the regular threads, nobody will judge you.

So yeah, this thread is silly. It's pretty much the same as if someone made a "Black Dude Corner". Why bother? You've got a whole forum to play with.
This is weird, I absolutely didn't mean for this thread to be controversial or to spend the amount of time we are spending right now discussing its merits. If you don't like it, don't use it, don't write in it, don't open it. If no one else sees any merit in it, they won't open it or use it or post in it. And we'll all live happily ever after.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 12:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
i'm yer huckleberry
 
WWWP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,107
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I see musicbanter as a relatively mature community
not even a little bit


Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Nobody's stuck in anything, but your argument could basically be applied also to gay clubs, gay chatrooms or forums or websites or newspapers or any kind of specific LGBTQ oriented venue. The point of all of those things, and hopefully of this thread, is that maybe queer people don't want to sift through the entire forum to read or share about something that interests them and their community. Being a minority means that content that is specifically catered to you is a little harder to find. Hence, specialized venues etc.


where's the STRAIGHT pride parade huh????
__________________
spotify.
soundcloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassoonPlatoon View Post
I wasn’t writing a haiku. Just because you want one doesn’t mean you’re going to get one.
WWWP is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.