Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/)
-   -   The queer corner (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/92245-queer-corner.html)

DwnWthVwls 06-15-2019 08:11 AM

Imagine having that much hate in you..

The Batlord 06-15-2019 08:19 AM

I don't think OH has to imagine.

Cuthbert 07-09-2019 01:51 PM

https://mobile.twitter.com/FootballerGay

Frownland 07-09-2019 04:23 PM

Is that in response to any homophobic FIFA regulations or whatever or is it just meant to address cultural norms?

Cuthbert 07-09-2019 04:31 PM

It's a link to a twitter account.

OccultHawk 07-09-2019 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fluff (Post 2064772)
It's a link to a twitter account.

Right

I personally wasn’t sure what the point is. I looked at it and thought yep I never can make out what the **** tweeters are on about.

WWWP 07-09-2019 06:53 PM

Yeah also not sure what to make of the account

I would love it though if this could be a positive space where we talk about our own experiences with queerness/queer culture and not just a dumping ground for articles involving hate crimes and death.

no shade to you fluff, just speaking to the trend

Cuthbert 07-10-2019 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 2064784)
Right

I personally wasn’t sure what the point is. I looked at it and thought yep I never can make out what the **** tweeters are on about.

There are no openly gay male footballers playing professionally, that guy claims to be gay and a pro footballer and is saying he is going to come out. Adidas mentioned it before so it is definitely a thing people have questioned for about thirty years now.

OccultHawk 09-12-2019 07:33 AM

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49672855

Lovers of Modena skeletons holding hands were both men

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gIBHgj2EMv...etons-zoom.jpg

:love:

Psy-Fi 09-19-2019 06:57 AM

Indonesia is about to pass a law that would criminalize sex outside of marriage

Psy-Fi 10-04-2019 07:16 AM

Man sues Apple claiming iPhone turned him gay

The Batlord 10-04-2019 08:10 AM

More like a biPhone nawmsayin?

jwb 10-05-2019 01:43 PM

If the queers get to have a queer corner, how come the straights can't have a straight corner?

:shycouch:

Marie Monday 10-05-2019 01:53 PM

They can

OccultHawk 10-05-2019 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwb (Post 2081985)
If the queers get to have a queer corner, how come the straights can't have a straight corner?

:shycouch:

Go stand in the ****ing corner. No one gives a ****.

jwb 10-05-2019 02:26 PM

It was a corny wordplay joke. A straight corner? Hence the shy couch.

OccultHawk 10-05-2019 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwb (Post 2081993)
It was a corny wordplay joke. A straight corner? Hence the shy couch.

Trollheart back from the grave

Psy-Fi 10-05-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jwb (Post 2081993)
It was a corny wordplay joke. A straight corner? Hence the shy couch.

I was about to say "because it has to be bent to be a corner" but never mind. :D

WWWP 11-30-2019 05:07 PM

Billy Dee Williams identifies as gender fluid, reveals acceptance of multiple pronouns

elphenor 11-30-2019 05:25 PM

it's ok to be straight *frog*

The Batlord 11-30-2019 05:29 PM

Lando Galrissian.

WWWP 11-30-2019 05:31 PM

Low hanging fruit

The Batlord 11-30-2019 05:36 PM

That's offensive in this thread.

Tristan_Geoff 11-30-2019 06:36 PM

Hell yeah :)

Oriphiel 12-02-2019 06:35 AM


Tristan_Geoff 12-12-2019 11:59 AM

Do y'all consider fella to be gendered language or no? Called a bird that earlier today and got my gears turnin

Frownland 12-12-2019 12:02 PM

If my understanding of Spanish is correct, fella is gendered because words ending with a usually refers to the feminine application of whatever it's describing.

Tristan_Geoff 12-12-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 2094619)
If my understanding of Spanish is correct, fella is gendered because words ending with a usually refers to the feminine application of whatever it's describing.

Well but fella is just slang for fellow

Frownland 12-12-2019 12:06 PM

The gendered usage of fellow is slang too. I say take the power back, fellow comrade.

Tristan_Geoff 12-12-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 2094623)
The gendered usage of fellow is slang too. I say take the power back, fellow comrade.

word

jwb 12-12-2019 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock (Post 2094617)
Do y'all consider fella to be gendered language or no? Called a bird that earlier today and got my gears turnin

:o:

Exo 12-12-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock (Post 2094617)
Do y'all consider fella to be gendered language or no? Called a bird that earlier today and got my gears turnin

I need clarification. This sentence can read a bunch of different ways.

Women are commonly referred to as "bird" in the same way dudes would say "chick". So, I could read this as you referring to a woman and telling us you called her 'fella'

...

which is also confusing because how do we know that woman is a woman or that she adheres to that gender? Hmm.

Also, a 'bird' could be in reference to certain avian creature with wings and a beak but still doesn't make sense that you're calling that animal 'fella' because you can't ascertain the gender of such a bird.

Gears grinded my friend.

Tristan_Geoff 12-12-2019 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exo (Post 2094723)
I need clarification. This sentence can read a bunch of different ways.

Women are commonly referred to as "bird" in the same way dudes would say "chick". So, I could read this as you referring to a woman and telling us you called her 'fella'

...

which is also confusing because how do we know that woman is a woman or that she adheres to that gender? Hmm.

Also, a 'bird' could be in reference to certain avian creature with wings and a beak but still doesn't make sense that you're calling that animal 'fella' because you can't ascertain the gender of such a bird.

Gears grinded my friend.

That's what I'm saying should we stray away from using gendered language towards the bird and does fellow in a sociological sense adhere to masculine gendered language?

The Batlord 12-12-2019 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs. Tristan Rosenstock (Post 2094728)
That's what I'm saying should we stray away from using gendered language towards the bird and does fellow in a sociological sense adhere to masculine gendered language?

1. You wouldn't call a woman "fellow".

2. It's a ****ing bird, you god damn snowflake.

Tristan_Geoff 12-12-2019 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 2094730)
1. You wouldn't call a woman "fellow".

2. It's a ****ing bird, you god damn snowflake.

lol point made and closed

WWWP 12-13-2019 01:13 AM

Wait are we talking about literal birds

Lucem Ferre 12-13-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 2094730)
1. You wouldn't call a woman "fellow".

That's because our culture hates women so much that we don't even consider them fellow humans.

Women are now fellows or you're a misogynist piece of ****.

Tristan_Geoff 12-13-2019 04:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WWWP (Post 2094734)
Wait are we talking about literal birds

The creatures yes

The Batlord 12-13-2019 05:16 AM

Bird: *poops on me*

Me: **** you, dude!

ACLU van: *SCREEEEEECH!!!*

Psy-Fi 12-13-2019 05:36 AM

Nigeria is trying 47 men arrested in a hotel under its anti-gay laws


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:41 PM.


© 2003-2023 Advameg, Inc.