Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2017, 08:06 PM   #31 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,442
Default

I assume that this is at least 50% right wing

__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:10 PM   #32 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Fascism always tends to be socialist economically and therefore left wing. Again, it depends on the definitions you use for left and right wing. I'd rather see the two used in relation to economic policy, because we can use other terms to discuss social attitudes.
Odd stance to have when you're maintaining that fascism is inherently left wing.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:12 PM   #33 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Fascism always tends to be socialist economically and therefore left wing. Again, it depends on the definitions you use for left and right wing. I'd rather see the two used in relation to economic policy, because we can use other terms to discuss social attitudes.
No, you are wrong. Fascism and Nazism are both right and left wing economically. Those ideologies are predisposed to allowing the strongest to survive and social darwinism and ****, and therefore allow for a certain amount of capitalism to keep business healthy, but when the **** hits the fan the state needs to step in to make sure that the state ultimately benefits from the economy. And of course all of this is decided on the fly with a system that has no coherent plan and just wings it. So to call it socialist is as ignorant as it is to call it capitalist.

Fascism and Nazism in practice actually have more to do with a capitalist oligarchy than anything else, since corporations technically operate independently, but have government appointed liaisons to make sure that the state is represented. There was in effect the same kind of relationship between business and state as there is in the modern Western world due to the tendency of these liaisons to move either from government positions to business positions or vice versa. So while there was technically a separation of business and government, money talks in the same way that it does with... us I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
I guess you have wiki articles so that's worth reading tomorrow or sometime in the next year.
Or you have no idea what you're talking about unless Rush Limbaugh tells you what you're talking about.


And all of this ignores that the only reason any right winger ever came up with this argument was to associate the left with the Holocaust. So by keeping up with this garbage, Goofle, you are in effect using the Holocaust for your own cheap means to attack the left because I guess you just don't give a **** and like winning arguments.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:14 PM   #34 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Odd stance to have when you're maintaining that fascism is inherently left wing.
Because it usually is.

And yeah Batlord, don't describe socialist economies and then say they aren't socialist. If the government steps in, it's socialist.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #35 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Because it usually is.

And yeah Batlord, don't describe socialist economies and then say they aren't socialist. If the government steps in, it's socialist.
Please see the above post and learn about politics.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:15 PM   #36 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Because it usually is.

And yeah Batlord, don't describe socialist economies and then say they aren't socialist. If the government steps in, it's socialist.
Just link up the video, I'm sure that whoever you're parroting is a lot more articulate than you are.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Just link up the video, I'm sure that whoever you're parroting is a lot more articulate than you are.
Give me an example of a free market capitalist economy that had a fascist government.

As I said, I'm using right/left in terms of economic policy, nothing more. If you want to discuss this more in terms of social politics like conservative and liberal, have at it. But that isn't where I'm coming from.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:21 PM   #38 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Give me an example of a free market capitalist economy that had a fascist government.
Nazi Germany. You should post the video mate.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:23 PM   #39 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Nazi Germany.
?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 08:25 PM   #40 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Give me an example of a free market capitalist economy that had a fascist government.

As I said, I'm using right/left in terms of economic policy, nothing more. If you want to discuss this more in terms of social politics like conservative and liberal, have at it. But that isn't where I'm coming from.
Did you miss my post or are you ignoring it because I make you look stupid?

And please don't pretend like this isn't entirely about associating the left with the Holocaust. Otherwise why would anyone care about bringing up Nazi economics? It's not a particularly interesting subject tbh unless you're just that interested in the Third Reich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No, you are wrong. Fascism and Nazism are both right and left wing economically. Those ideologies are predisposed to allowing the strongest to survive and social darwinism and ****, and therefore allow for a certain amount of capitalism to keep business healthy, but when the **** hits the fan the state needs to step in to make sure that the state ultimately benefits from the economy. And of course all of this is decided on the fly with a system that has no coherent plan and just wings it. So to call it socialist is as ignorant as it is to call it capitalist.

Fascism and Nazism in practice actually have more to do with a capitalist oligarchy than anything else, since corporations technically operate independently, but have government appointed liaisons to make sure that the state is represented. There was in effect the same kind of relationship between business and state as there is in the modern Western world due to the tendency of these liaisons to move either from government positions to business positions or vice versa (as in lobbyists). So while there was technically a separation of business and government, money talks in the same way that it does with... us I guess.



Or you have no idea what you're talking about unless Rush Limbaugh tells you what you're talking about.


And all of this ignores that the only reason any right winger ever came up with this argument was to associate the left with the Holocaust. So by keeping up with this garbage, Goofle, you are in effect using the Holocaust for your own cheap means to attack the left because I guess you just don't give a **** and like winning arguments.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.