Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Talk Instruments
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2009, 07:36 PM   #31 (permalink)
Groupie
 
KelticKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticKalamity View Post
I recommend testing out an Epiphone Les Paul before you spend a ton of money.

You can get one for around 400-500 dollars and then spend a little extra for some humbuckers or whatever pickups you want.
Next time, focus on the actual argument as opposed to protecting your ego
__________________
The hole is more honorable than the patch.
KelticKalamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 07:52 PM   #32 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelticKalamity View Post
He just got one bad one so he posted against Gibson due to bitterness

Most Gibsons are very nice and well-made. My band's guitarist has one as well as a distant relative.


However, I recommend testing out an Epiphone Les Paul before you spend a ton of money.

You can get one for around 400-500 dollars and then spend a little extra for some humbuckers or whatever pickups you want.

That's my two cents
Parts of post in bold are directly contradicting my earlier advice, based on your assumptions, which as i pointed out, were wrong.

I was therefore replying to THAT part of your post, which directly contradicted my own and therefore formed the second of the 2 different viewpoints necessary to have an 'argument'.

The second half addressed nothing of what I had said earlier, as it was a different company, therefore an argument on that point would have been impossible.

Since we have now established that the only argument possible, is in fact NOT the one you are claiming we have just had, I'm forced to conclude you're a ****ing idiot who just doesn't want to admit another opinion may well have some basis in fact despite its opposition to your OWN viewpoint.


----------------
Now playing on Winamp: Nina Simone - Seems I'm Never Tried Lovin' You
via FoxyTunes
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:00 PM   #33 (permalink)
Groupie
 
KelticKalamity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Parts of post in bold are directly contradicting my earlier advice, based on your assumptions, which as i pointed out, were wrong.

I was therefore replying to THAT part of your post, which directly contradicted my own and therefore formed the second of the 2 different viewpoints necessary to have an 'argument'.

The second half addressed nothing of what I had said earlier, as it was a different company, therefore an argument on that point would have been impossible.

Since we have now established that the only argument possible, is in fact NOT the one you are claiming we have just had, I'm forced to conclude you're a ****ing idiot who just doesn't want to admit another opinion may well have some basis in fact despite its opposition to your OWN viewpoint.
lol ur funny

this thread bores me now
__________________
The hole is more honorable than the patch.
KelticKalamity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 10:55 PM   #34 (permalink)
D-D-D-D-D-DROP THE BASS!
 
GuitarBizarre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,633
Default

Trollllllllllllllllllllll
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
As for me, my inbox is as of yet testicle-free, and hopefully remains that way. Don't the rest of you get any ideas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'll have you know, my ancestors were Kings of Wicklow! We're as Irish as losing a three-nil lead in a must-win fixture!
GuitarBizarre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:43 PM   #35 (permalink)
Bringer of Carrots
 
Whatsitoosit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 648
Default

I recently picked THIS up after wanting a more modernized American strat. I got it new for $1200 (with the case) which is a bit out of your price range... but, if you're looking for a diverse guitar that is of high quality and not too expensive, it's worth checking out. The combo humbucker/single coil is sweet as it lends to more diversity in sound and you can hit the S1 switch and have all pickups activated at the same time for a pretty thick sound. The LSR roller nut is also a nice feature as you never have to worry about filing it down and it helps keep the guitar better in tune.

Overall it plays beautifully, no regrets.
__________________
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile,
but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face."

Last edited by Whatsitoosit; 03-31-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:41 PM   #36 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,307
Default

so what happened to the Agile? wasn't is supposed to be 10 times the guitar for 1/10th the price?


(btw that's one hella swanky Strat)
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:22 AM   #37 (permalink)
Bringer of Carrots
 
Whatsitoosit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 648
Default

HA!!! I know... I always wanted a high quality American Strat that didn't put me into debt. The Agile still has possibilities down the line... but for now, I'm gonna play this guy for a while.

Originally I was going to go with the usual Deluxe Strat or maybe a signature artist strat but the guy at the store popped this into my hands and said he hates strats... but he loves this guitar. So I played it in rotation with all the other choices and I kept going back to that one as the one that sounded and felt better to me. The price has jumped since but I bet you can still find it for $1200 or maybe less someplace.

Oh, I forgot to mention.. as far as strats go (for anybody who cares) I believe this is the only one out there with a mahogany body.
__________________
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile,
but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face."

Last edited by Whatsitoosit; 04-01-2009 at 08:41 AM.
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 09:52 AM   #38 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 112
Default

buy a ukulele
__________________
tumultuous thoughts
henry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:13 AM   #39 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Sodacake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 344
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsitoosit View Post
HA!!! I know... I always wanted a high quality American Strat that didn't put me into debt. The Agile still has possibilities down the line... but for now, I'm gonna play this guy for a while.

Originally I was going to go with the usual Deluxe Strat or maybe a signature artist strat but the guy at the store popped this into my hands and said he hates strats... but he loves this guitar. So I played it in rotation with all the other choices and I kept going back to that one as the one that sounded and felt better to me. The price has jumped since but I bet you can still find it for $1200 or maybe less someplace.

Oh, I forgot to mention.. as far as strats go (for anybody who cares) I believe this is the only one out there with a mahogany body.
I don't know how I feel about the idea of a strat with a mahogany body. When you pick up a strat, you expect it to sound a certain way. How does the sound differ from a regular strat?
Sodacake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 10:33 AM   #40 (permalink)
Bringer of Carrots
 
Whatsitoosit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodacake View Post
I don't know how I feel about the idea of a strat with a mahogany body. When you pick up a strat, you expect it to sound a certain way. How does the sound differ from a regular strat?
I personally don't get anal about the wood a guitar is made from, I just mentioned that because some people (as yourself) care. It sounds great... I would think the mahogany body adds something (positive) to the sound... but again, I guess it depends on how you feel about mahogany body guitars. As far as it not having the classic strat sound... that was actually the idea when I went with this guitar. Compared to all the other "classic" strats in the store, this one felt more unique and sounded better (to me). It still has some characteristics of the classic strat but with a modernized make over, which I found appealing.
__________________
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile,
but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face."
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.