The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2018, 12:58 PM   #11681 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Rejecting the very premise of god existing sounds like rejection to me.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:01 PM   #11682 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
I call it "practical". You seem to think humanity is just ****ed, no exceptions. I think humanity will inevitably reach the next level but a lot of people will die during the transition. For example, even though it appears that most of what Ray Kurzweil talks about in regards to solar energy and tech are awesome and will happen unless a meteor wipes us out tomorrow, at best we're still over a decade away from the free market reflecting that reality. Are the signs there? Yeah. Am I going to personally benefit before I'm 40? That's a trickier bet.
We might make it. A huge die off in the transition is what I’m talking about as well.

I like Kurzweil too. He’s fun but he gets really carried away. From what you’re saying you and I both think it’s going to be a rockier path than Ray.

Quote:
Atheism is one thing, the rejection of the god claim. Anything else is on the individual. Your misrepresentations are funny
ok yeah - I meant “some” atheists

The way you scratch and claw for tiny little holes to poke at is the funny thing

and then Chula pulled the same maneuver on you and you’re off on that bit of pointless minutiae
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #11683 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

When you're wrong or misrepresenting a position I'm going to call it out. I'd hope you do the same to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Atheism is not the rejection of, it's the total disbelief of.
No it isn't. And if you're going to take the position of a hard athiest that says "God doesn't exist", you better have some evidence or I'll reject that claim as well.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #11684 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Chula you’re obviously right on a technicality

You can’t reject something that doesn’t exist

Don’t bother going down this rabbit hole arguing whether atheism is the rejection of god or the idea that there is a god

My imaginary friend doesn’t want you to and I don’t want him to feel rejected
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:15 PM   #11685 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

Youre not rejecting the thing, youre rejcting the claim, which does in fact exist.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #11686 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
No it isn't. And if you're going to take the position of a hard athiest that says "God doesn't exist", you better have some evidence or I'll reject that claim as well.
You’re an atheist who’s going to reject the claim that god doesn’t exist?

Please stop.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #11687 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Youre not rejecting the thing, youre rejcting the claim, which does in fact exist.
Told you, Chula
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #11688 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 11,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
If you're going to take the position of a hard athiest that says "God doesn't exist", you better have some evidence or I'll reject that claim as well.
We're getting into semantics.

I don't believe anything in regards to gods. They are mythical. Fun to read about in a fictional way but that's it. Why bother trying to denounce fiction as fiction. It's fiction. Should I have to buy a T-shirt proclaiming that?

You've put a god in place that you feel I've rejected. He's never existed in my world for over 40 years. How can I reject something that doesn't exist?

Do you reject Santa Claus?
__________________

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:21 PM   #11689 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Thanks, have fun with Frown. I'm stepping out.

I'll just leave you with this. God is not a fable, you may consider the stories surrounding it's existence to be fables but the agent itself is not a story. Athiesm is the rejection of the entity/agent whatever, not the rejection of religious text.
You should’ve rolled with that plan a long time ago.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #11690 (permalink)
Epiphany is upon us
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 10,011
Default

Vice News is the best.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vice_Media
__________________
https://x.com/mindys_stuff_
May 9th, 2024



Big fan of the Internet
Kindness is the highest form of intelligence
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.