The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2019, 10:21 PM   #19081 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
This is one of the stupidest things I’ve ever read.
Let me know when you have an actual argument to make.
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:23 PM   #19082 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
A broken system doesn't have success stories of any kind
Idi Amin was successful
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:25 PM   #19083 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Idi Amin was successful
13 People Who Came To America With Nothing And Made A Fortune.

I love a good anecdote war.
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #19084 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Bitch you said a broken system doesn’t have ANY success stories.

You beg for an anectdote then try to call me out for it.

And your argument boils down to anyone making anything over the minimum wage is a success story and then you point to Chick-fil-A and Olive Garden.

Seriously dude get a shovel and bury yourself. You’re lost and can’t be found.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:42 PM   #19085 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Bitch you said a broken system doesn’t have ANY success stories.

You beg for an anectdote then try to call me out for it.

And your argument boils down to anyone making anything over the minimum wage is a success story and then you point to Chick-fil-A and Olive Garden.

Seriously dude get a shovel and bury yourself. You’re lost and can’t be found.
1. They don't. Idi Amin seized power forcefully and had multiple attempts on his life, plus he killed millions of people. Other people have been elected in Uganda who didn't do those things. That invalidates him as an example of a "success story" and undermines your argument. You should look at my examples for something a little more down to Earth in context with this discussion.

2. Olive Garden and Chik-fil-A were comments I made when Batty talked about Burger King. He doesn't have to be working at Burger King. Nobody is at any one job forever.

3. Strawmanning and doing your own version of special pleading isn't going to fly, bud.
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:43 PM   #19086 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Denmark still sucks btw

because capitalism has got to go

100%

it's a cancer
Church
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:45 PM   #19087 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
1. They don't. Idi Amin seized power forcefully and had multiple attempts on his life, plus he killed millions of people. Other people have been elected in Uganda who didn't do those things. That invalidates him as an example of a "success story" and undermines your argument. You should look at my examples for something a little more down to Earth in context with this discussion.

2. Olive Garden and Chik-fil-A were comments I made when Batty talked about Burger King. He doesn't have to be working at Burger King. Nobody is at any one job forever.

3. Strawmanning and doing your own version of special pleading isn't going to fly, bud.
Tulips loser
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:47 PM   #19088 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Anteater’s dream job. Dish washer at Olive Garden. Great medical.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:48 PM   #19089 (permalink)
Certified H00d Classic
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bernie Sanders's yacht
Posts: 6,129
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Denmark still sucks btw

because capitalism has got to go

100%

it's a cancer
Why Danes Happily Pay High Rates of Taxes.

They seem pretty happy with it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Anteater’s dream job. Dish washer at Olive Garden. Great medical.
Compared to Burger King they probably do. Bats is a smart guy: he'd be running the place in a heartbeat.
__________________
Anteater's 21 Fav Albums Of 2020

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:51 PM   #19090 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Why Danes Happily Pay High Rates of Taxes.

They seem pretty happy with it though.
The golden age for Facebook telemarketing in north Texas by anteater (business genius)
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.