Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #8441 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
The Burmese had two choices:

1) Go tit for tat with them for decades stacking up human collateral damage on both sides
2) Taking out the garbage now and keeping the human collateral damage within the ethnicity that started it

Like every other culture they can look around the world and see how accepting Islam works out for people. Sure, I would rather nobody died but when one side constantly starts **** I donít blame the culture that decides not to go that route.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:32 PM   #8442 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Hah. They didn't make it to the World Cup. Mind you, we probably won't either.

Look, if you lived here you'd realise there's almost no such thing as Irish nationalism in the South. Almost every person you talk to will tell you Ireland sucks and is a shit hole, and they're right.
Yeah the IRA was just a social club.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:38 PM   #8443 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 30,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
The Burmese had two choices:

1) Go tit for tat with them for decades stacking up human collateral damage on both sides
2) Taking out the garbage now and keeping the human collateral damage within the ethnicity that started it

Like every other culture they can look around the world and see how accepting Islam works out for people. Sure, I would rather nobody died but when one side constantly starts **** I don’t blame the culture that decides not to go that route.
Clearly a false dichotomy used as a way to SUPPORT GENOCIDE. Seriously go jump off a bridge if you think the actions of the Burmese are justified. I'm not saying that the Rohingyan insurgents are in the right either btw, but a genocide is the worst way to go about it.

You ever thought that maybe if the Rohingyans weren't treated like garbage for over 50 years then less of them would feel the need for an insurgance? Clearly Buddhism is the scourge of the earth.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:39 PM   #8444 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Yeah the IRA was just a social club.
That was NORTHERN IRELAND, you ignorant *******.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Clearly a false dichotomy used as a way to SUPPORT GENOCIDE. Seriously go jump off a bridge if you think the actions of the Burmese are justified. I'm not saying that the Rohingyan insurgents are in the right either btw, but a genocide is the worst way to go about it.
He ain't listening.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:41 PM   #8445 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,365
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Almost every person you talk to will tell you Ireland sucks and is a shit hole, and they're right.
I thought there was more to Ireland than that?
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:44 PM   #8446 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
That was NORTHERN IRELAND, you ignorant *******.
They were the ****ing Irish, you daft ****!
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:47 PM   #8447 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
I thought there was more to Ireland than that?
Der's more t'Oireland dan dis!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
They were the ****ing Irish, you daft ****!
They worked their campaigns in NI and the UK, and were not supported by the people of the Republic. They're also gone. And, I have no idea what you think this has to do with me apparently being a nationalist. It's not like I supported the IRA. My aunt's uncle was in the original IRA, but that was a whole different time.

You are, of course, just trolling me, but it's working, cos **** you.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:52 PM   #8448 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
They worked their campaigns in NI and the UK, and were not supported by the people of the Republic. They're also gone. And, I have no idea what you think this has to do with me apparently being a nationalist. It's not like I supported the IRA. My aunt's uncle was in the original IRA, but that was a whole different time.

You are, of course, just trolling me, but it's working, cos **** you.
You said the Irish weren't nationalistic. I'd say the Great Western Terrorist Movement of the 21st Century would prove that to be false enough to an extent that it's clearly absurd to say that there is no nationalistic strain in you cantankerous bar brawlers. The rest of you just had the benefit of not feeling the need to fight for anything, so you could just sit in your plaid green comfy chairs and smoke your pipes with your dicks in your hands.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #8449 (permalink)
Nobody likes my music
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In Cognito
Posts: 21,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You said the Irish weren't nationalistic. I'd say the Great Western Terrorist Movement of the 21st Century would prove that to be false enough to an extent that it's clearly absurd to say that there is no nationalistic strain in you cantankerous bar brawlers. The rest of you just had the benefit of not feeling the need to fight for anything, so you could just sit in your plaid green comfy chairs and smoke your pipes with your dicks in your hands.
Aren't. There's a big difference. Everyone in Ireland just wants to get on with their lives, and **** the government. And yes, before you ask, I have interviewed every single inhabitant of this island, and they all said the same thing: "Tell The Batlord to **** off." So, on behalf of every single Irish person, **** off.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #8450 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,570
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Aren't. There's a big difference. Everyone in Ireland just wants to get on with their lives, and **** the government. And yes, before you ask, I have interviewed every single inhabitant of this island, and they all said the same thing: "Tell The Batlord to **** off." So, on behalf of every single Irish person, **** off.
Lulz whatever, dude. I'm sure plenty of Americans thought nationalism was dead after Vietnam, but here we are in the land of Trump and country music stars playing American flag guitars. You've just rolled over and turned your ass to the world but you're smelling the grass too so it's okay I guess?
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.