Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Physical punishment aganist children. Acceptable or Unacceptable?
Acceptable 50 56.82%
Unacceptable 38 43.18%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 09:23 PM   #141 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Yukon Cornelius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 625
Default

Thats not a big deal, Its natural.. "Daddys little girl" I have a 3 year old and she is the same way still. She is awesome, and yes she will fall asleep in my arms if shes tired. I dont mind her being independant though. Which you will find yours doing eventually. Sometimes it can be a pain in the butt, for the most part they need that.

My boys are older ones 8 the other is 6 and they are both awesome as well. They are yes sir no sir children (including my daughter(very very cute i might add)). Very very respectful. They are good, they rarley lie, and if they do it a simple lie. They get themselfs into trouble only when they lie, I do give them a chance to come clean and most times it involves no spanking.

Now that the oldest one is 8 i really never spank him anymore, since i feel he is to old for that now.. Basically I think its to humiliating for him and I dont want that to jack his head up.
So he will usually get something taken away or put in a corner.

My little girl, well shes a girl, I have spanked her before but I felt wrong for doing that. Her mom takes care of the disipline for her now. I handle the boys when I am not at work like I currently am now. I have used the spank and I feel that is has served its purpose as a last resort method of getting the point across. Thats the only way there going to get into spank worthy trouble is if they lie (and get caught at it).
__________________
Attempting to find a cure for Stupid...

Last edited by Yukon Cornelius; 04-09-2009 at 09:29 PM.
Yukon Cornelius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:32 AM   #142 (permalink)
Bringer of Carrots
 
Whatsitoosit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
COMPLETELY UNNACCEPTABLE!

Does anyone who voted acceptable have children?

I believe in strict discipline but thats physical abuse. Do you beat your women as well?
Parents are who children confide in. I could write 15 pages about this but my daughter is sleeping in my arms so i have to type with one hand.

Sick ****s. If I ever see a man hit his kid Ill beat his ass right on the street. I cant believe this poll.
Abuse: use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse

Discipline: the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience

see the difference? with Discipline you are using whatever methods necessary to correct the situation and as you cleverly pointed out...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Ill never spank my children, to each is own when it comes to spanking
I see you understand.

also, mind your f*cking business if you see a parent disciplining their child... you don't know anything about that parents situation and/or how bad that child is being. Billy... don't be a hero.
__________________
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile,
but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face."
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 AM   #143 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsitoosit View Post
Abuse: use (something) to bad effect or for a bad purpose; misuse

Discipline: the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behavior, using punishment to correct disobedience

see the difference? with Discipline you are using whatever methods necessary to correct the situation and as you cleverly pointed out...

I see you understand.

also, mind your f*cking business if you see a parent disciplining their child... you don't know anything about that parents situation and/or how bad that child is being. Billy... don't be a hero.
Can you not ****ing read? Key word, hit, not disciplining. Thanks, but **** off. Get off the comp, go have kids and comeback.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's goodóhappiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #144 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon Cornelius View Post
Thats not a big deal, Its natural.. "Daddys little girl" I have a 3 year old and she is the same way still. She is awesome, and yes she will fall asleep in my arms if shes tired. I dont mind her being independant though. Which you will find yours doing eventually. Sometimes it can be a pain in the butt, for the most part they need that.

My boys are older ones 8 the other is 6 and they are both awesome as well. They are yes sir no sir children (including my daughter(very very cute i might add)). Very very respectful. They are good, they rarley lie, and if they do it a simple lie. They get themselfs into trouble only when they lie, I do give them a chance to come clean and most times it involves no spanking.

Now that the oldest one is 8 i really never spank him anymore, since i feel he is to old for that now.. Basically I think its to humiliating for him and I dont want that to jack his head up.
So he will usually get something taken away or put in a corner.

My little girl, well shes a girl, I have spanked her before but I felt wrong for doing that. Her mom takes care of the disipline for her now. I handle the boys when I am not at work like I currently am now. I have used the spank and I feel that is has served its purpose as a last resort method of getting the point across. Thats the only way there going to get into spank worthy trouble is if they lie (and get caught at it).
Nice post homes, I plan on having a boy later in life, and I will be tougher on him, but Im totally guilty of 'Daddy's little girl' syndrome. I love when my daughter is independant, shes real attached. I feel you cant spank a child in anger as well, it takes away from the discipline aspect.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's goodóhappiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:40 AM   #145 (permalink)
Me llamo Marijan
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kuala Lumpur
Posts: 6,987
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
My parents spanked me and at times, did much, much worse, but they are great parents, and I can say I'm glad they did it.
Sadists should be excluded from this topic. Thank you.
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #146 (permalink)
Bringer of Carrots
 
Whatsitoosit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Can you not ****ing read? Key word, hit, not disciplining. Thanks, but **** off. Get off the comp, go have kids and comeback.
can you not comprehend your own words? disciplining may sometimes constitute hitting. How about you wait until your child is old enough to start talking back to you and you realize you may have to discipline her in a way you judge others for... then comeback.
__________________
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile,
but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face."
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:54 AM   #147 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsitoosit View Post
can you not comprehend your own words? disciplining may sometimes constitute hitting. How about you wait until your child is old enough to start talking back to you and you realize you may have to discipline her in a way you judge others for... then comeback.
Not in the least bit. The line isnt even fine between hitting and disciplining, hitting is physical abuse, and physical discipline constitutes spanking. I guarentee i'll never need to hit my daughter for her to comprehend the word 'no'.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's goodóhappiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #148 (permalink)
333
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Sadists should be excluded from this topic. Thank you.
I hope you were joking because I laughed. I'm no sadist, and when I said that, I didn't mean anything terrible like blood involved.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #149 (permalink)
Bringer of Carrots
 
Whatsitoosit's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
Not in the least bit. The line isnt even fine between hitting and disciplining, hitting is physical abuse, and physical discipline constitutes spanking. I guarentee i'll never need to hit my daughter for her to comprehend the word 'no'.
more power to you then... I'll never know this guarantee is being honored as this is only an internet forum primarily made up of strangers but if you NEVER in your career as a parent have to resort to physical discipline (this means even a minor smack on the butt) because you truly feel it wouldn't be necessary given the current situation, congrats. The true test really isn't whether or not you ever lay a hand on your child... it's whether or not your child truly develops completely and more properly then say, another child who was smacked a few times for being bad. Not saying one is better then the other... I think it's, as you put it, to each their own.
__________________
"It takes 43 muscles to frown and 17 to smile,
but it doesn't take any to just sit there with a dumb look on your face."
Whatsitoosit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 12:03 PM   #150 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whatsitoosit View Post
more power to you then... I'll never know this guarantee is being honored as this is only an internet forum primarily made up of strangers but if you NEVER in your career as a parent have to resort to physical discipline (this means even a minor smack on the butt) because you truly feel it wouldn't be necessary given the current situation, congrats.
Not at all what I was saying, youre gettin your verbs all mixed up, but Im exhausted of this damn topic for the moment, and the family is going to the beach, so im out. Maybe we can pick this up later. You'll be the first to know if I resort to physical discipline.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's goodóhappiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.