Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: can he do it?
yes 23 52.27%
yea 21 47.73%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2016, 12:46 PM   #4441 (permalink)
eeXCX
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,385
Default

Google actually changed their definition to the one you quoted about 5 months ago. Interesting. Probably too many people googling "left wing fascism" or something.

Also, a fascist has to do something fascist to be a fascist. Republicans haven't been in power for 8 years, let them prove it first.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 12:48 PM   #4442 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 2,699
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Google actually changed their definition to the one you quoted about 5 months ago. Interesting. Probably too many people googling "left wing fascism" or something.
That means I got to stop getting my definitions from google. ****ing google, just post the actual dictionary definitions you neo-liberal ass website.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 12:50 PM   #4443 (permalink)
eeXCX
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,385
Default

Head on over to Wikipedia to get another fill of that neo-liberal kool aid.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:00 PM   #4444 (permalink)
subscribe to pewdiepie
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
My issue is with the term "right-wing" being used within the definition, because we both know that fascism shouldn't solely be used specifically for one side or the other.

These are the best definitions I have come across: Fascism | Definition of Fascism by Merriam-Webster and Fascism | Define Fascism at Dictionary.com
Yes, fascism does have both left-wing and right-wing elements, but most of their policies are haphazardly cobbled together nonsense that the fascists didn't even follow. Functionally speaking fascism does not have a true economic policy beyond the whims of the leader and party members.

The true defining trait of fascism is ultra-right wing cultural conservatism and nationalism. Everything else is basically window dressing to legitimize a reactionary, populist movement. Fascism, despite political similarities to socialism, is mostly defined by that right-wing ideology to an extent that calling it anything but right-wing is missing the point.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is online now  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:27 PM   #4445 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle View Post
Republicans haven't been in power for 8 years, let them prove it first.
You're kidding right? They've held a majority in the house and senate for the past 6 years and have done nothing but obstruct the president and other democrats on the federal level as well as passing GOP legislation at the state level. Things like restricting women's rights, gerrymandering and passing tougher voting laws to assist the GOP during statewide elections, making it harder to get a legal abortion, pushing for increased fracking, and reducing environmental protection and worker safety restrictions.

Just to name a few. Take the blinders off man.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:42 PM   #4446 (permalink)
Gotcha
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 29,747
Default

I actually think that gridlock is a good thing in general. There are cases where they're obstructing decent things, but generally it keeps things at an even level.
Frownland is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:45 PM   #4447 (permalink)
eeXCX
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,385
Default

^
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 01:52 PM   #4448 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 11,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You're kidding right? They've held a majority in the house and senate for the past 6 years and have done nothing but obstruct the president and other democrats on the federal level as well as passing GOP legislation at the state level. Things like restricting women's rights, gerrymandering and passing tougher voting laws to assist the GOP during statewide elections, making it harder to get a legal abortion, pushing for increased fracking, and reducing environmental protection and worker safety restrictions.

Just to name a few. Take the blinders off man.
That stuff is obviously bad governance but it was the Dems who voted to change the needed approval for cabinet posts from 60% to a simple majority. Then you got Obama stretching the limits of executive order. Now it's the Dems protesting the electoral college. You get the wrong people in there and suddenly you remember why this stuff was in place.
OccultHawk is online now  
Old 11-19-2016, 02:05 PM   #4449 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
That stuff is obviously bad governance but it was the Dems who voted to change the needed approval for cabinet posts from 60% to a simple majority. Then you got Obama stretching the limits of executive order. Now it's the Dems protesting the electoral college. You get the wrong people in there and suddenly you remember why this stuff was in place.
True dat. I do find it a bit odd that in the past 32 presidential elections there's only two instances of the electoral college overriding the popular vote and both times it was Dems that lost. Maybe some tweaking is in order?

As of today Clinton's up 1,437,316 votes over Trump. As a comparison, Obama beat Romney by 4,982,291 and McCain by 9,550,193. And Bush beat Kerry by 3,012,166.
Chula Vista is offline  
Old 11-19-2016, 02:09 PM   #4450 (permalink)
Brain Licker
 
Xurtio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You're kidding right? They've held a majority in the house and senate for the past 6 years and have done nothing but obstruct the president and other democrats on the federal level as well as passing GOP legislation at the state level. Things like restricting women's rights, gerrymandering and passing tougher voting laws to assist the GOP during statewide elections, making it harder to get a legal abortion, pushing for increased fracking, and reducing environmental protection and worker safety restrictions.

Just to name a few. Take the blinders off man.
Yeap, Congress is collectively more powerful than the president in terms of how their decisions affect Americans domestically.
__________________
H̓̇̅̉yͤ͏mͬ͂ͧn͑̽̽̌ͪ̑͐͟o̴͊̈́͑̇m͛͌̓ͦ̑aͫ̽ͤ̇n̅̎͐̒ͫ͐c̆ͯͫ̋ ̔̃́eͯ͒rͬͬ̄҉
Xurtio is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.