Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Goofle 02-15-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1805854)
Wanna bet? The fact that as many as 12 GOP senators are ready to block one of his nominees, and that Mitch McConnell is behind a full investigation into the Russia thing AFTER ONLY A MONTH of his presidency says a lot.

4 years = 48 months.

1 down, 47 to go. You expect things to get any better anytime soon Goof?

Dude. Jesus. You really live in a fantasy world.

Frownland 02-15-2017 04:01 PM

Nah, there are definitely 48 months in four years and 47 months left in a four year period counting from one month ago. Denying that is fantasy.

Chula Vista 02-15-2017 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1805856)
The groundwork for Neptune Spear started before Obama took office, as they narrowed down the region of Pakistan where he was holed up as early as 2008. Was Obama president in 2008?

Dude. Just stop. You're stretching beyond belief here.

Intel started coming in as early as a couple of months after the attack. The real breakthrough, and launch of Neptune Spear was after OBL's courier was finally identified in 2010. Was Bush in office in 2010?

****ing ridiculous.

I can't take credit for the most recent Thanksgiving dinner I preprared because the Pilgrims are the ones really responsible.

Frownland 02-15-2017 04:07 PM

Both of you are wrong. Osama bin Laden didn't really die (at least by the hands of the US government), that was a hoax perpetuated to make the government look powerful to its enemies.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1805861)
I can't take credit for the most recent Thanksgiving dinner I preprared because the Pilgrims are the ones really responsible.

You'd be surprised.

elphenor 02-15-2017 04:37 PM

If the the hacks were conspired as a deal with the Trump campaign then we basically have another Watergate on our hands but let's just wait until we get all the facts

It wouldn't be because of election tampering really, it's just illegal to hack someone's ****

Just like it was illegal to break into the DNC when Nixon's administration orchestrated it

Trollheart 02-15-2017 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1805849)
One of your finest moments of 2017 so far Troll. My hat is off to you.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

Not sure Ant understands how obtuse he comes across sometimes with his Trump defenses/excuses.

Um, thanks man. I didn't think it was that great, but you know, I'll take what's offered... ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1805851)
What excuses? I gave reasonable explanations and illustrated some important differences between people specifically motivated by racism and those who are not. You guys only like to get particular with definitions as long as the argument is something you agree with. It isn't my fault if other people don't agree with me because they're pessimists. I can't force people to step back from their emotions. I said Trump wasn't motivated by racial hatred and people's heads exploded. What a shocker. :D

Also, wasn't that operation that Obama took credit for in regards to Osama something that started under the Bush administration?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anteater (Post 1805856)
You misunderstood my statement. The groundwork for Neptune Spear started before Obama took office, as they narrowed down the region of Pakistan where he was holed up as early as 2008. Was Obama president in 2008? Obama does get credit for everything that came after that point obviously.

Wasn't Bush's famous reply to "Have you any leads on the whereabouts of UBL?" something like "I don't really think about him any more"? Doesn't sound like an administration that's actively looking for the guy. And by 2008 Bush would have been in "Vacation/Load up SUV 1" mode, ready to leave. Any initiatives that may have begun back then could hardly be credited to him. In his mind, he was already on the beach. Or riding around his ranch.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofle (Post 1805858)
Dude. Jesus. You really live in a fantasy world.

Um, why do you say that?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1805863)
Both of you are wrong. Osama bin Laden didn't really die (at least by the hands of the US government), that was a hoax perpetuated to make the government look powerful to its enemies.



You're wrong too. Osama was a double agent from the nineteenth reality dimension, sent back here to perpetrate 9/11 and in so doing assure that Trump got elected. Trump would then be shown the path to find the mysterious Mexicat amulet, which would allow him to take down the wall (how ironic!) between the dimensions, so that those from 19R could come through and take over ours, as theirs is collapsing into a black hole.

His face when he realises that 19R is populated exclusively by Mexicans and Latinos! :laughing:

DwnWthVwls 02-15-2017 05:53 PM

I think Anteater made it pretty clear multiple times that regardless if Trump is a racist or not, his policies are not driven by racism. Idk why it's hard to see the difference. If you're gonna sit here accepting that almost all the presidents before him were racist, but claim it doesn't matter then I'd hope you'd apply the same logic to Trump unless he is trying to enact policy that is in fact racist.

Trollheart 02-15-2017 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1805886)
I think Anteater made it pretty clear multiple times that regardless if Trump is a racist or not, his policies are not driven by racism. Idk why it's hard to see the difference. If you're gonna sit here accepting that almost all the presidents before him were racist, but claim it doesn't matter then I'd hope you'd apply the same logic to Trump unless he is trying to enact policy that is in fact racist.

How can building a wall to keep one race out of America (one of the biggest building blocks - sorry! - of his campaign) and banning immigration from Muslim countries not be seen as racist? And these are clear policies he's pushing, so, you know, idk what you mean...

DwnWthVwls 02-15-2017 06:00 PM

Well for one muslim isn't a race.. and 2 there is already a fucking wall. He wants to bolster something that already exists to prevent a problem that the US has accepted as a problem for a long time. Just because he ran his campaign on it that had all the biggest pieces of shit in America flocking to him, doesn't make either of those policies racist in and of themselves. Do Mexico and Canada not have policies that prevent us from sneaking in and living there illegally?

Frownland 02-15-2017 06:04 PM

Both are quite clearly driven by racist/xenophobic attitudes.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:57 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.