Rape - Whose Fault Is It? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Games, Lists, Jokes and Polls
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Can you blame the victim for getting raped when raping someone is illegal?
Yes 7 13.73%
No 44 86.27%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #171 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216 View Post
it has nothing to do with equal rights because i don't think that's the endgame. by definition i think most of the US society is a feminist because i believe the strong majority of people want equal rights, myself included. it's those who proclaim so outwardly their feminism that i have an issue with because i think they are extremists who love nothin more than to act like a victim at any opportunity and stand on their soapbox and tell anyone who will listen how super oppressed they are by society and down trodden by the man. that dish comes with a huge side of exageration and hyperbole too.

i asked a legit question and i am met with that type of response. i never implied that only a rape victim would know it's wrong lol. but it is compeltely reasonable to ask the question because it pertains to the topic and i wanted to know if personal experience playe dinto what i consider a jaded attitude towards the topic. but again, that was taken as nothin more than a chance to gain sympathy and play the part of victim fueled by pesudo outrage more than anything. you can frame it as an 'attack' or 'entitlement' or whatever other words you wanna use but by no means would i apologize for that question being asked

not surprisingly you ((for some reason)) mentioned a race?? seems pretty typical of you tho for whatever reason. go back to your SRS brigade where people will roll over and agree with you on everything
sounds like u jelly of all the pussy i get on here. is your game that bad? I could give you a few pointers if you want.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:04 PM   #172 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

keep fishin girl, this fishy aint takin that bait lol
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #173 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

I'm using your logic, should I have photoshopped it across a pair of tits to make it more palatable?
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:12 PM   #174 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

sorry to dissapoint but im not bitin at the bait lol. i am discussin what is goin on in this thread and you are takin the train off the tracks which ive seen you do many times to many ppl, myself included a few times already. so again, keep fishin

the only thing i will add is that i feel the same towards male rights activists and their outward proclamation of their identification of MRAs. i hate those ppl too
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #175 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216 View Post
sorry to dissapoint but im not bitin at the bait lol. i am discussin what is goin on in this thread and you are takin the train off the tracks which ive seen you do many times to many ppl, myself included a few times already. so again, keep fishin

the only thing i will add is that i feel the same towards male rights activists and their outward proclamation of their identification of MRAs. i hate those ppl too
You're the person who started derailig the thread, not Hermione.

Also, you don't just ask people if they've been raped. Do you always ask such personal questions to people you don't know? I honestly can't believe that you asked that question.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:34 PM   #176 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
You're the person who started derailig the thread, not Hermione.

Also, you don't just ask people if they've been raped. Do you always ask such personal questions to people you don't know? I honestly can't believe that you asked that question.
we can certainly disagree on that ((derailing the thread) but i think it was you who took a similar stance in another thread. and yes i do ask questions when i think they pertain to the topic im discussing. i gave examples of ways to handle it and they don't include "**** you' or claiming its some sort of entitlement to info cause i asked a relevant question. i was discussin the convo that developed in the thread not goin way off the tracks with "lmao lmao u jelly i get pussy!!' in consecutive posts which had nothing to do with anything other than tryin to bait me which i politely declined to bite at several times and will keep doin so
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:02 PM   #177 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Down View Post
You're the person who started derailig the thread, not Hermione.

Also, you don't just ask people if they've been raped. Do you always ask such personal questions to people you don't know? I honestly can't believe that you asked that question.
Why not? If we're to have an open, frank discussion that would serve to benefit anyone then why wouldn't you be able, rather encouraged to try to discuss with a victim the effects of the act itself or how rape could be prevented? If a person is sensitive to the memory, as well they can and deserve to be, then all they have to say is a simple "no, I don't want to talk about it". It's thinking like this that lead to so much miscommunication and misunderstanding with controversial topics like this.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #178 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

There are two topics devoted to rape that are popular in the past few days, as a victim myself I've avoided even really reading them unless a post was called to my attention. It's not the most encouraging community to talk about such a horrible thing that probably affects a large portion of this community without being attacked/having it brought up in a totally different context, so why bother?
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:50 PM   #179 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: freely swimmin thru the waters of glory much like a majestic bald eagle soars thru the skies
Posts: 1,385
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermione View Post
There are two topics devoted to rape that are popular in the past few days, as a victim myself I've avoided even really reading them unless a post was called to my attention. It's not the most encouraging community to talk about such a horrible thing that probably affects a large portion of this community without being attacked/having it brought up in a totally different context, so why bother?
simple solution = dont talk about it. just dont be a jerkoff about it which is my point. i didnt demand by any means. I asked if she had been raped and you called that a "cute white boy entitlement to your sexual history" ((whatever that means lol)). that is just laughable on your part

anyways last page to respond to what tore said about teaching boys not to rape... yes of course i agree that should be taught. i took offense because i interpreted katsy as saying that we dont teach people not to rape....that it's not common for people to know that's wrong... that society fails at teaching boys it is wrong to rape women. and i dont think that's the issue - i have severe doubts that rapists dont realize it is wrong to rape.

men get raped too by males and females. when females rape men, the sentences are almost always ridiculously lenient in comparison, so there goes katsy's claim that laws are so anti-women. just because its less common for men to be raped doesnt mean it doesnt exist in large numbers too
butthead aka 216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:44 AM   #180 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Eyrie, Vale of Arryn, Westeros
Posts: 2,999
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 216 View Post
simple solution = dont talk about it. just dont be a jerkoff about it which is my point. i didnt demand by any means. I asked if she had been raped and you called that a "cute white boy entitlement to your sexual history" ((whatever that means lol)). that is just laughable on your part

anyways last page to respond to what tore said about teaching boys not to rape... yes of course i agree that should be taught. i took offense because i interpreted katsy as saying that we dont teach people not to rape....that it's not common for people to know that's wrong... that society fails at teaching boys it is wrong to rape women. and i dont think that's the issue - i have severe doubts that rapists dont realize it is wrong to rape.

men get raped too by males and females. when females rape men, the sentences are almost always ridiculously lenient in comparison, so there goes katsy's claim that laws are so anti-women. just because its less common for men to be raped doesnt mean it doesnt exist in large numbers too

lmao
first of all, wasn't nobody talking to your ass. I was replying to someone else. I'm not female. I'm AFAB & agender

Trans* people have a higher rate of sexual assault than cisgender people. If you care so much about rape, you'd know trans*women actually are most commonly victims of rape and murder. But since you probably are too thick too consider them women, you don't count them as a point for your victim score. Lol.

And don't talk about it? Don't ask about it. That's the whole ****ing point, you are a man who thinks he's entitled to that kind of knowledge, which is what rape culture is all about.

It's REALLY NOT THAT HARD

What else is funny: the laws ARE NOT just anti-woman, they are also transphobic, just like most laws cause let's see

I'm sure you're familiar with the Trayvon Martin case, where a white child molester was allowed to murder someone just cause he was black.

How about these:
Murder of Gwen Araujo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia <---- one of many many many many many many many cases

Not only that but: CeCe McDonald - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In jail for defending herself against some crusty ass white boys high on meth and imprisoned in the wrong prison b/c of her being trans*.

Not only that but:
Marissa Alexander Gets 20 Years For Firing Warning Shot (VIDEO)

Defending herself from her abusive husband, she fired a warning shot, hurt nobody, gets 20 years under the same defense the white child molester used.

Tell me again how laws are totally exempt from ever being racist/sexist again.


Go ahead and cry about how I shouldn't "be a dick about" my experiences, lmao I know I have to cater to white ****boys to make my life relevant 2 them but damn this **** ridiculous. I have every right to tell you to go **** yourself, as did katsy for thinking you're entitled to know such a thing. That's why I said wow you're not getting any pussy THAT'S THE JOKE. I mean I know some people aren't really cultured enough really recognise satire when they see it but damn white boy you got that **** on lock. I didn't know hurting your feelings was more srs bidness than rape. Lmao

Last edited by Sansa Stark; 07-23-2013 at 06:23 AM.
Sansa Stark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.