Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   General Music (https://www.musicbanter.com/general-music/)
-   -   Your Deepest Musical Secret (https://www.musicbanter.com/general-music/35366-your-deepest-musical-secret.html)

dac 12-12-2008 05:33 PM

Your Deepest Musical Secret
 
What is the deepest secret of yours in relation to music?

I'll start... I bought Fall Out Boy's 'From Under the Cork Tree' cause this girl I had a crush on loved it.

jackhammer 12-12-2008 05:36 PM

Apart from a few obvious tracks I like Simply Red. The relief washing over me now is undescribable.

gunnels 12-12-2008 05:39 PM

I actually LIKE Panic at the disco's "Pretty Odd." Album.

FaSho 12-12-2008 05:42 PM

I have a few really bad ones:
I used to own 2 Simple Plan albums
I like Good charlotte's first album a wee bit
and
the album Britney by Britney Spears is really good.

dac 12-12-2008 05:44 PM

Oh and I also own a couple of 3 Doors Down albums *Shiver*

FaSho 12-12-2008 05:48 PM

I owned nickelback's first album.
I think I win.

spark10036 12-12-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaSho (Post 562913)
I owned nickelback's first album.
I think I win.

no way...I own Kriss Kross' debut album, and "Steam" by East 17. oh, and the single of "I believe I can fly".

Janszoon 12-12-2008 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spark10036 (Post 562917)
no way...I own Kriss Kross' debut album, and "Steam" by East 17. oh, and the single of "I believe I can fly".

We have a winner!

I was going to confess that I secretly kind of like trashy Euro club songs like "What Is Love" and "Barbie Girl", but that doesn't seem so bad compared to spark's post. :)

Alfred 12-12-2008 06:02 PM

I don't own any albums I'm ashamed of.

Oh, and I LOVE Fall Out Boy's "The Carpal Tunnel Of Love".

Seltzer 12-12-2008 06:04 PM

I like Robbie Williams. :o:

Kendall2000 12-12-2008 06:06 PM

I love Janet Jackson.....

spark10036 12-12-2008 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Janszoon (Post 562924)
We have a winner!

I was going to confess that I secretly kind of like trashy Euro club songs like "What Is Love" and "Barbie Girl", but that doesn't seem so bad compared to spark's post. :)

what can I say...? I was young and naive. the only thing I'm proud of, is the fact that I didn't throw them in the garbage.

Mark Lint 12-12-2008 06:09 PM

Uh... I actually regularly look for, when in record stores, any new releases by Peter Cetera or Chicago.

<<flaggelates self>>

FaSho 12-12-2008 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred (Post 562925)
Oh, and I LOVE Fall Out Boy's "The Carpal Tunnel Of Love".

:banghead: You could've at least picked a good one! I like their first two albums and a few tracks from FUCT, but everything after that is real crap. Except the last track on Infinity On High.

someonecompletelyrandom 12-12-2008 06:17 PM

I like The Killer's Samstown and think I Against I is the worst Bad Brains album. What of it?

Alfred 12-12-2008 06:18 PM

Dude, "The Carpal Tunnel Of Love" makes me feel all trippy.

FaSho 12-12-2008 06:23 PM

Songs that can be construed as metaphors for masturbation have never really impressed me :)

Kirby 12-12-2008 06:26 PM

The first CD I ever bought was a single of the Spice Girls' hit "Tell Me What You Want"

skips 12-12-2008 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaSho (Post 562954)
Songs that can be construed as metaphors for masturbation have never really impressed me :)

Even Longview? :nono:

Janszoon 12-12-2008 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skips (Post 563033)
Even Longview? :nono:

Or better yet, "Dancing With Myself".

FaSho 12-12-2008 08:14 PM

i like Longview, but it's more songs like "Dancing with myself" that turn me off.

Janszoon 12-12-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaSho (Post 563039)
i like Longview, but it's more songs like "Dancing with myself" that turn me off.

That's too bad because it's one of the greatest pop songs ever written. :p:

khfreek 12-12-2008 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jackhammer (Post 562885)
Apart from a few obvious tracks I like Simply Red. The relief washing over me now is undescribable.

I like them and The Beautiful South

:thumb:

FireInCairo 12-12-2008 11:47 PM

I don't think Samstown is all bad
and I have danced to Get Low by Lil Jon

Minstrel 12-13-2008 12:04 AM

My secret...which I'm not really ashamed of, but leads to consequences that I wouldn't specifically admit to: I never find anything unlistenable.

So, the upshot is, pretty much all the songs people consider total shit, I don't hate. That's a long sight from actively want to listen to or buy, but I find them listenable.

I can't think of a song I can honestly say I hate. (This refers to the music. Lyrics that are homophobic/sexist/racist I hate like any other form of bigoted expression.)

Farfisa 12-13-2008 03:43 AM

When I was little, I persuaded my mom to buy "Spiceworld" for me, and she'll never stop making fun of me for it even after 10 years.

Dr_Rez 12-13-2008 03:45 AM

I am g a y.









For My record collection.

15Steps 12-13-2008 07:28 AM

f*ck me.

i thought the all american rejects debut album was good.
i love pretty odd.

Bulldog 12-13-2008 07:36 AM

Well, I'm a fan of more than the healthily recommended amount of Paul McCartney's solo work (which basically means I think Press To Play and Flowers In the Dirt are quite good albums).

I love Beaucoups Of Blues, aka Ringo's album of country covers (released just after the Beatles split I think). I also think It Don't Come Easy is a pretty good song.

The first album I ever truly loved was Limp Bizkit's Chocolate Starfish. It was fun using it as an ashtray when I came to my senses a few years later though.

The Unfan 12-13-2008 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minstrel (Post 563137)
My secret...which I'm not really ashamed of, but leads to consequences that I wouldn't specifically admit to: I never find anything unlistenable.


Quote:

Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships
When I was little, I persuaded my mom to buy "Spiceworld" for me, and she'll never stop making fun of me for it even after 10 years.

I think Spice Girls are the best of the bubblegum pop acts of the 90s. I still think Momma is a pretty good song too. I also still find the movie moderately funny. Especially the scene where they're day dreaming.

As for my musical secret I like The Gothsicles.

FORK 12-13-2008 10:52 PM

^ ....OW! :( I am not a normal human being after that! 0.o

Hm my deepest secret...

I...don't...enjoy...led zeppelin....

i know i'm a freak! I only like a few of their songs though :(

dac 12-13-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Unfan (Post 563235)

WHAT THE F*CK WAS THAT?

gunnels 12-13-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORK (Post 563549)
^ ....OW! :( I am not a normal human being after that! 0.o

Hm my deepest secret...

I...don't...enjoy...led zeppelin....

i know i'm a freak! I only like a few of their songs though :(


I don't like any of them ON TOP of loving Pretty Odd.

._.


Oh, and that video woke my mom up.
She busted through the door going "WTF WAS THAT ****?"

gunnels 12-13-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocknrollhendo (Post 563573)
I lost my virginity while listening to Korn Greatest Hits

:clap:
I don't know how this could be topped.

FORK 12-13-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocknrollhendo
I lost my virginity while listening to Korn Greatest Hits

you sir, win. period.

FORK 12-13-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocknrollhendo
Haha Thanks, was at her parents house and her parents were in the next room, had to put the music on to drown out other noises

LOL! can I please have your autograph?

dac 12-13-2008 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FORK (Post 563549)
I...don't...enjoy...led zeppelin....

You're not alone on this forum.

FORK 12-13-2008 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dac
You're not alone on this forum.

*cries a little*

and all this time I thought I was alone! MOMMA I"M HOOOMEEE!

;)

Meph1986 12-13-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dac (Post 563594)
You're not alone on this forum.

What he said....

Fruitonica 12-14-2008 01:48 AM

I've never ever heard Stairway to Heaven.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:31 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.