Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Does John Peel deserve to make the Hall of Fame?
Yes 11 91.67%
No 1 8.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2008, 05:07 PM   #261 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
I don't think you appreciate his highbrow sense of humor.

You see guys, what he did there was, he reviewed a Yes album by simply saying the opposide of the word yes. Which you gotta admit is some truly brilliant wordplay.
I believe you may have read his work before



Shit Sandwich
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:08 PM   #262 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piss Me Off View Post
I wouldn't be too harsh on him, if he doesn't like Yes then he doesn't like Yes. Can't judge him on two nominations.
I'm not being harsh at all. Just trying to improve the whole of MB. Let me use this analogy. If a total stranger went into someones house and told them that their choice of furniture or wallpaper sucked you would reply with 'who are you?'. If he was your friend then you would take it on board. I am not saying his reasons are not valid but this is two bands in a row that he has said he doesnt like and why are they in the Hall of Fame when I would like to read other posts by him and see a contribution to the whole of the site.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:13 PM   #263 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

What the f*ck?

C'mon now, I know I wasn't expecting a landslide but they gotta have more supporters than this.

And Jackhammer is right, this is supposed to represent the opinions of the musicbanter community, not some buttmunches who just freaking joined.
boo boo is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:14 PM   #264 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

It's very tempting to vote no to yes...no?
right-track is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #265 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Man, I didn't expect them to get their asses handed to them like this.
boo boo is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #266 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I'm not being harsh at all. Just trying to improve the whole of MB. Let me use this analogy. If a total stranger went into someones house and told them that their choice of furniture or wallpaper sucked you would reply with 'who are you?'. If he was your friend then you would take it on board. I am not saying his reasons are not valid but this is two bands in a row that he has said he doesnt like and why are they in the Hall of Fame when I would like to read other posts by him and see a contribution to the whole of the site.
It's an open forum though, not a closed house. Judging by his other posts around the place i think he's alright, and jumping him on here isn't great for MB either.
If he's negative about the next choice then maybe i'll take a more dim view
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:18 PM   #267 (permalink)
Moodswings n' Roundabouts
 
Piss Me Off's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: At the corner of Dude and Catastrophe
Posts: 4,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Man, I didn't expect them to get their asses handed to them like this.
Early days man, maybe there'll be a few like me who need to listen to them more before passing judgement.
__________________


Last FM
Rate Yr Music
Muxtape
Piss Me Off is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #268 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Just youtube them or something if you don't have the time to download anything.
boo boo is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:20 PM   #269 (permalink)
Occams Razor
 
Son of JayJamJah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: End of the Earth
Posts: 2,470
Default

My initial reaction is no because of the number of mediocre to bad albums, but I am withholding my vote until I revisit the 5 or 6 albums I have in my collection, I am going to start with Topographic Oceans which might be the reason I vote affirmative. I like this album way more then it would seem to merit.
__________________
Me, Myself and I United as One

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardboard adolescent View Post
i prefer foreplay. the orgasm is overrated.
If you're posting in the music forums make sure to be thoughtful and expressive, if you're posting in the lounge ask yourself "is this something that adds to the conversation?" It's important to remember that a lot of people use each thread. You're probably not as funny or clever as you think, I know I'm not.

My Van Morrison Discography Thread
Son of JayJamJah is offline  
Old 08-11-2008, 05:29 PM   #270 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Great:
Close to the Edge
Fragile
The Yes Album
Relayer
Tales From Topographic Oceans
Yessongs

Good:
Going for the One
Magnification
Time and a Word
Drama
90125
Keys to Ascension 1 & 2

Average:
Yes
The Ladder
Talk

Mediocre:
Tormato
Union

Horrible:
Open Your Eyes
Big Generator
boo boo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.