Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 11:22 PM   #71 (permalink)
FUNky
 
Violent & Funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 2,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
Alias - Divine Disappointment
Fuck yeah! Now this is hip-hop! I think I get turned off of the genre by all the crap that surrounds me. There is probably plenty of hip-hop out there for me, I just haven't tried much out yet. I loved the drumming and the rapping was excellent, exactly the kind I (think) I like. What type of hip-hop would this be classified as?
8/10

'San FranCisco' by Alkaline Trio
__________________
http://www.last.fm/user/ohio0808

sometimes I don't thrill you
sometimes I think I'll kill you
just don't let me fuck up will you
'cause when I need a friend it's still you
Violent & Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:23 PM   #72 (permalink)
FUNky
 
Violent & Funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 2,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
Aren't they all? Either way, people get introduced to new stuff.
I mean, I've never even heard of any of the artists posted before me...
__________________
http://www.last.fm/user/ohio0808

sometimes I don't thrill you
sometimes I think I'll kill you
just don't let me fuck up will you
'cause when I need a friend it's still you
Violent & Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 02:46 AM   #73 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
'San FranCisco' by Alkaline Trio
reminds me of weezer 7/10

not that bad though (neither is weezer) just something about the alternative-ness that just doesn't do it for me. it's kind of like i already had my bands for those times from back in those day. dig?

i freaking love this video hahaha

__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:29 AM   #74 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
reminds me of weezer 7/10

not that bad though (neither is weezer) just something about the alternative-ness that just doesn't do it for me. it's kind of like i already had my bands for those times from back in those day. dig?

i freaking love this video hahaha

Great video but mmmm about the song 6/10.

YouTube - Tiamat - Kaleidoscope, Do You Dream Of Me, Planets

Talking of things Swedish Taimat were a death metal band, before making quite a dramatic change in their style of music. The above is actually three songs from the classic "Wildhoney" album after they made the transition in their style.

Will it be another bore fest from me or another absorbing listen
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 06:43 AM   #75 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,028
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violent & Funky View Post
I mean, I've never even heard of any of the artists posted before me...
You've never heard of Steely Dan? John Zorn? Tim Buckley?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:28 AM   #76 (permalink)
...
 
dankrsta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Serbia
Posts: 1,774
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
YouTube - Tiamat - Kaleidoscope, Do You Dream Of Me, Planets

Talking of things Swedish Taimat were a death metal band, before making quite a dramatic change in their style of music. The above is actually three songs from the classic "Wildhoney" album after they made the transition in their style.

Will it be another bore fest from me or another absorbing listen
Haha, so it was you who posted that bore fest of Aerosmith. No bore fest this time. Very good song, melancholic, ambient and although it moves slowly and takes its time, it is somehow engaging throughout. To me that's a big accomplishment. 9/10

Nico - Tananore

__________________
dankrsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:35 AM   #77 (permalink)
MB quadrant's JM Vincent
 
duga's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 3,722
Default

Wow...weird. I was just talking about Nico to someone yesterday, but we had never heard her solo stuff or her stuff with the Faction and we randomly picked that song to put on. Talk about a coincidence. I find her solo stuff to be really boring, and to be completely honest I don't even really like her stuff with the Velvet Underground. She has a horrible voice. 5/10.

Now here is an entertaining song:

__________________
Confusion will be my epitaph...
duga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:41 AM   #78 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Wow...weird. I was just talking about Nico to someone yesterday, but we had never heard her solo stuff or her stuff with the Faction and we randomly picked that song to put on. Talk about a coincidence. I find her solo stuff to be really boring, and to be completely honest I don't even really like her stuff with the Velvet Underground. She has a horrible voice. 5/10.

Now here is an entertaining song:

Not really the sort of thing I would ever listen to, but an interesting video 6/10

YouTube - Summer's End

From Sweden to Finland. The closing track from the classic "Tuonela" album by Amorphis.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:44 AM   #79 (permalink)
myspace.com/stonebirdies
 
Stone Birds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Conor Oberst Was/is Here
Posts: 1,401
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Not really the sort of thing I would ever listen to, but an interesting video 6/10

YouTube - Summer's End

From Sweden to Finland. The closing track from the classic "Tuonela" album by Amorphis.
it's not bad but not my thing, too generic rockish for me but 5.012895/10

__________________
//\\//\\/\\/\/\/\\\\\\\\///\/\/\/\/\\////\/\\\\\///\V

//\\//\\/\\/\/\/\\\\\\\\///\/\/\/\/\\////\/\\\\\///\V

[Link removed by mod, no advertising] ... Damn those mods are always gettin ya :)
Stone Birds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:16 AM   #80 (permalink)
FUNky
 
Violent & Funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Midland, MI
Posts: 2,474
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You've never heard of Steely Dan? John Zorn? Tim Buckley?
I guess I HAVE heard of Steely Dan if you want to get all technical, but I don't really know anything about him. Tim Buckley: is that the DMB guitarist guy?
__________________
http://www.last.fm/user/ohio0808

sometimes I don't thrill you
sometimes I think I'll kill you
just don't let me fuck up will you
'cause when I need a friend it's still you
Violent & Funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.