Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 07:10 AM   #61 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
I believe these guys have a couple of words for you on the whole concept of de-evolution

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 01:50 PM   #62 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 139
Default

Look man, don't be contrary. The reason I asked you not to think of some witty rebuttal is because thats all people use the internet for these days. People will turn something that is not an argument into one so they can refute and make themselves sound smart. That's exactly what you are doing. Like I said, I think you know I'm talking about.

EVH and Kurt Cobain are not the only innovators. They are just two of the few I listed. I never had any malice when I created this thread, but somehow I knew that There would be a couple of people on here who find an argument here and try to pick it alart untill the relevance is gone, and then be all smartass about it. What I'm trying to say is very simple. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to understand. I don't think there are as many innovators in this time. It might be because music in general is hard to innovate in this time, or lack of new musical avenues and ideas to explore. I cited the people who I believed were true innovators in history. There are more than what I listed, but those few are ones that really stand out to me. Plus, how can you say that I'm only focusing on rock guitar when I clearly stated Michael Jackson and dancing? Quit picking apart what I'm saying and be a part of the real conversation man. There's no arguments going on here.
Pursuingchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:24 PM   #63 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuingchange View Post
Plus, how can you say that I'm only focusing on rock guitar when I clearly stated Michael Jackson and dancing?
Um... because I made that comment before you said anything about Michael Jackson.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:29 PM   #64 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuingchange View Post
Look man, don't be contrary. The reason I asked you not to think of some witty rebuttal is because thats all people use the internet for these days. People will turn something that is not an argument into one so they can refute and make themselves sound smart. That's exactly what you are doing. Like I said, I think you know I'm talking about.

EVH and Kurt Cobain are not the only innovators. They are just two of the few I listed. I never had any malice when I created this thread, but somehow I knew that There would be a couple of people on here who find an argument here and try to pick it alart untill the relevance is gone, and then be all smartass about it. What I'm trying to say is very simple. It doesn't take a lot of thinking to understand. I don't think there are as many innovators in this time. It might be because music in general is hard to innovate in this time, or lack of new musical avenues and ideas to explore. I cited the people who I believed were true innovators in history. There are more than what I listed, but those few are ones that really stand out to me. Plus, how can you say that I'm only focusing on rock guitar when I clearly stated Michael Jackson and dancing? Quit picking apart what I'm saying and be a part of the real conversation man. There's no arguments going on here.
I just gave you an example of an innovator in the last 10 years and you totally ignored it.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #65 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger ? View Post
I just gave you an example of an innovator in the last 10 years and you totally ignored it.
I'm pretty sure he's not actually interested in having a conversation with anyone.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #66 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 139
Default

Whatever. I can see that you guys will find an argument regardless if there is one or not. Michael Jackson was one of the first people I mentioned.

And about the innovation you mentioned. I've never even heard of that artist. Apparently not much of an innovation huh? I bet I could go around to just about everyone at my work, around my neighborhood, and around town, and they've probably never heard of Dizee Rascal. People who make true innovations should be well-known even to people who don't actively explore new music. The artists I mentioned affected music on a grand scale. Sure, the elements of their style existed before them, but they were the people who put it all together and put it into motion on a large scale. It takes a true innovator to do that. That's all I'm saying.
Pursuingchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 07:42 PM   #67 (permalink)
The Sexual Intellectual
 
Urban Hat€monger ?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somewhere cooler than you
Posts: 18,447
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuingchange View Post

And about the innovation you mentioned. I've never even heard of that artist. Apparently not much of an innovation huh? I bet I could go around to just about everyone at my work, around my neighborhood, and around town, and they've probably never heard of Dizee Rascal. People who make true innovations should be well-known even to people who don't actively explore new music.
He's a multi platinum selling artist in Europe, so all I can suggest is you're not even remotely interested in looking for anything innovative and you're probably sitting on your backside moaning about how music wasn't as good as it was in the good old days without even bothering to look for it.

I tried to debate this seriously with you, so far you've shown me you're nothing more than a total arse. So with that I'll be leaving this thread now and bid you goodbye and hope you're happy playing those first 6 Van Halen records for the rest of your life.
__________________



Urb's RYM Stuff

Most people sell their soul to the devil, but the devil sells his soul to Nick Cave.
Urban Hat€monger ? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #68 (permalink)
The Aerosol in your Soul
 
Rjinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New South Wales, Australia
Posts: 1,513
Default

Music has never stopped evolving. You just got to keep walking through different crossroads if you're open-minded enough.

It's usually the case that people tend to have rigid ideas and or stuck in some past generation style to progress taste themselves.
__________________
last.fm
Rjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:06 PM   #69 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 139
Default

Pursuingchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:09 PM   #70 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger ? View Post
He's a multi platinum selling artist in Europe, so all I can suggest is you're not even remotely interested in looking for anything innovative and you're probably sitting on your backside moaning about how music wasn't as good as it was in the good old days without even bothering to look for it.

I tried to debate this seriously with you, so far you've shown me you're nothing more than a total arse. So with that I'll be leaving this thread now and bid you goodbye and hope you're happy playing those first 6 Van Halen records for the rest of your life.
Look you *******, screw you! Ok!? I'm not even a very big fan of Van Halen, it was just a friggin' example, ok!? Just shut up. Your not that damn smart.
Pursuingchange is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.