Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The MB Reader > Members Journal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2018, 06:14 PM   #651 (permalink)
Softest Bullet Ever Shot
 
windsock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: the Outer Rim
Posts: 1,521
Default

Hey man, thanks for introducing me to So Wrong They're Right, it was a really cool watch!
__________________
RYM
Last.fm


Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I don't want to rec you anything, I want you to stop posting actually
windsock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:26 PM   #652 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post

Moebius, Roedelius, and Plank, who performed together as Cluster, were each instrumental figures in the krautrock scene whose influence cannot be overstated.
I got to talk with Roedelius a couple of years ago.
We talked about Harmonia and got off on a funny story about Klaus Schulze and other stories.
Got an earful about his early days with the Hitler Youth that he was forced to be a part of
and learned about his life as a masseuse and other adventures. His solo pieces for a long time
have been a bit new-agey for my taste, but he still leaves many pleasant musical memories
of other kinds that stretch back to the early 70s.

Immer wieder rauf und runter
Einmal drauf und einmal drunter
Immer wieder hin und her
Kreuz und quer, mal leicht, mal schwer
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:54 PM   #653 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
innerspaceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Organized Mind
Posts: 1,919
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Thanks! I've added a couple Cluster albums to my wishlist just now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
Hey man, thanks for introducing me to So Wrong They're Right, it was a really cool watch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
I got to talk with Roedelius a couple of years ago.
We talked about Harmonia and got off on a funny story about Klaus Schulze and other stories.
Got an earful about his early days with the Hitler Youth that he was forced to be a part of
and learned about his life as a masseuse and other adventures. His solo pieces for a long time
have been a bit new-agey for my taste, but he still leaves many pleasant musical memories
of other kinds that stretch back to the early 70s.

Immer wieder rauf und runter
Einmal drauf und einmal drunter
Immer wieder hin und her
Kreuz und quer, mal leicht, mal schwer
Thank you so much to anyone who takes the time to enjoy my little journal.

Zhanteimi, make sure you grab Eno Moebius and Roedelius' After the Heat LP featuring one of my all time favorite tracks - "The Belldog."

Windsock, delighted that you dug the flick!

Rostasi, the myth, the man, the legend. How do you have personal contacts with every figure I cite? Firesign Theatre, The 8-Track Museum, and now Cluster and Schulze? Simply stunning!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You are quite simply one of the most unique individuals I've ever met in my 680+ months living on this orb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:32 PM   #654 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
Rostasi, the myth, the man, the legend. How do you have personal contacts with every figure I cite? Firesign Theatre, The 8-Track Museum, and now Cluster and Schulze? Simply stunning!
Well, some are personal contacts, but only in just a superficial way really.
I mean, Roedelius was performing and giving a talk and afterwards I just introduced myself and we got talking -
that’s pretty much it. If you’re enthusiastic about (meeting) someone, then people are usually drawn to that if you
appear genuine and they’re not snobbish and all that ... and there are others that are intertwined in the music/art
activities that I’m involved in that show up in various ways, but that just comes with a profession, I guess. Nothing legendary.
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 02:59 PM   #655 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
innerspaceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Organized Mind
Posts: 1,919
Default Music To Entertain By

I briefly touched upon this project while it was a work-in-progress in my remark about Silence in the Museum Musica thread but it has finally come together!

As a result of my social proactivity this year, I've been entertaining and have been using my living and dining rooms for the very first time. I quickly came to realize that I needed to incorporate a sound system into the front half of my home. I scored a great deal on one of my favorite model vintage amps reconditioned by an expert in vintage audio on eBay and now my entire home is filled with music! I just love providing a pastoral sonic space for my guests to enjoy while they paint, read, and write.

The vintage receiver and tower 3-way speakers are patched into my home server and gracefully ornament my living room, foyer, and dining room with beautiful dinner jazz and music for quiet, cozy afternoons and evenings by the fire. It’s no audiophile setup by a long stretch but it suits my needs for ambiance splendidly. I may add another turntable down the line.

It's been such a joy to entertain this season! <3







__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You are quite simply one of the most unique individuals I've ever met in my 680+ months living on this orb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:04 PM   #656 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits
 
Exo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,806
Default

I need you to shop for me.
__________________
LastFM

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:26 PM   #657 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,333
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerspaceboy View Post
I briefly touched upon this project while it was a work-in-progress in my remark about Silence...
Nice and cozy!
I used to have elaborate setups, but I'm so happy to have wireless audio now.
I can set up sound installations throughout the house using Sonos speakers.
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 06:06 PM   #658 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 45,825
Default

Your pad is looking ever swankier by the day, dude.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #659 (permalink)
Mord
 
Zhanteimi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 4,855
Default

What a cozy setup conducive for all manner of artistic / expressive pursuits! Well done.
__________________
Zhanteimi

LetsTalkMusic
Zhanteimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 03:04 PM   #660 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
innerspaceboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: The Organized Mind
Posts: 1,919
Default

Thank you, everyone for all the positive feedback! I love having a space to make my own. And being able to share it with guests is all the more satisfying.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
You are quite simply one of the most unique individuals I've ever met in my 680+ months living on this orb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You are to all of us what Betelgeuse is to the sun in terms of musical diversity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo_ View Post
You sir are a true character. I love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You, sir, are a nerd's nerd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
Just chiming in to declare that your posts are a source of life and wholesomeness
The Innerspace Connection | Essential Recordings | Top Archives | Hot 100 Albums | Top 550 Artists
innerspaceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.