Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Greatest White Rapper Poll
Eminem 216 41.54%
Eyedea 8 1.54%
Brother Ali 7 1.35%
Slug 22 4.23%
EL P 11 2.12%
Beastie Boys 80 15.38%
Cage 3 0.58%
3rd Bass 3 0.58%
Sage Francis 22 4.23%
Vanilla Ice 18 3.46%
Everlast (House of Pain) 10 1.92%
ICP 3 0.58%
Lil Wyte 8 1.54%
Mac Lethal 0 0%
Paul Wall 3 0.58%
Kid Rock 6 1.15%
Aesop Rock 51 9.81%
Other (please specify) 49 9.42%
Voters: 520. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2009, 03:59 AM   #501 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

speaking of eminem, i just heard his song "fack" for the first time. I don't know how i never heard of it, but it is a terrible song, but it's funny as hell. I can't believe he made a song this vulgar. WOW! Every word is a cuss word and it says **** like 55 times.
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #502 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 8
Default

the lyrics on his new album are kinda meh
sakana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:15 PM   #503 (permalink)
____
 
FaSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 5,276
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
I'm off for summer after tomorrow.
Hell yeah, me too man.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What? No. No. No. No no no.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:06 PM   #504 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo View Post
I've never read a pitchfork in my life. And your last part is irony at its finest, you voting for the underground less talented rappers for the sae of going against a popular rapper.
Says who? Kid, you don't even make sense.

Quote:
Let's get things straight. A lot of mainstream rappers get by on big beats and a catchy chorus. Eminem has never been this.
Oh, I must have missed all of the singles he's ever put out ever.



Quote:
He's widely regarded by actual hip-hop heads as one of the best rappers this decade [the 2000's]. Aesop is highly regarded by suburban white kids.
Why are you bringing Aesop back into this? Look man, the only reason I argue on these forum is to either gain some perspective or spread some. You do it to win. You're like my four year old niece. Don't make sense, just keep talking until everyone else stops.

Quote:
Dre was part of the biggest movements in hip-hop and is an idol to everyone in the hip-hop culture. Ant is Ant.
Dre is black. This is great white rappers. All of the beats he's done for Eminem have been ok and catchy. Ant's beats for Ali are goddamn art.


Quote:
I've believe I've already tried to go the song for song argument with you before and you never did anything.
And you already know why, and it doesn't have anything to do with your songs being better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo View Post
lmfao. I love you little fellas trying to stick up for alternative hip-hop.
Bitch please call me little fella off the internet. You little geeks are hardcore on your message board.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:08 PM   #505 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo View Post
But this is the kind of stuff I'm talking about. Nobody hears these.
YouTube - Eminem- If I get locked up tonight
Everyone knows that song man. You're not special because you know it.
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 08:57 PM   #506 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,634
Default

Don't get me wrong.
Eminem is good.

But he isn't consistent.
He has an album that I refuse to listen to (give or take a song or two), because it's pretty much terrible. (Encore being that album)

I would take a Slug / Aesop Rock / Brother Ali over Eminem.

But that isn't to say he doesn't have some classic songs/albums
__________________
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:45 PM   #507 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
Says who? Kid, you don't even make sense.
Says I. It's obvious with every single thing you say. I'm drawing a conclusion just as you did with "i go with every mainstream artist over the flow of backpackers"

Quote:
Oh, I must have missed all of the singles he's ever put out ever.
Stan, Like Toy Soliders, When I'm Gone, and on and on. Just naming some singles off the top of my head that have no substance at all. Please say more stupid things. I enjoy them.

Quote:
Why are you bringing Aesop back into this? Look man, the only reason I argue on these forum is to either gain some perspective or spread some. You do it to win. You're like my four year old niece. Don't make sense, just keep talking until everyone else stops.
I've posted Reks album along with multiple other artists and songs.

Quote:
Dre is black. This is great white rappers. All of the beats he's done for Eminem have been ok and catchy. Ant's beats for Ali are goddamn art.
Right, the whole reason I mentioned it is nobody outside of you and your group of "try way to hard to be indie hip-hop scene would give serious thought to Ant being on the same level of Dre's beats.

Quote:
Bitch please call me little fella off the internet. You little geeks are hardcore on your message board.
lmao at the internet threat. You don't know me, and if you did you'd realize you probably are a little fella to me.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #508 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

seriously, who listens to aesop rock? He sucks.
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 PM   #509 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,634
Default

__________________
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #510 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
comparing metal to rap is stupid. You probably don't listen to anything but rap, so how do you even know what they sound like? Or have you just heard one of their singles and judge them off of that?

He sucks, and anyone who thinks he is better than em must be crazy.
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.