Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #191 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
So, basically, what you're saying is you don't know what circular reasoning is. Got it.
I got the definition open on the other tab. your doing it right now

Quote:
Riiiiight.
dude your not countering anyone's argument this is straight semantics
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #192 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Didn't you compare Jay-Z to One Direction?
Nope. I compared "a current artist you don't like" to Jay-Z. You chose One Direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
Anyways, I can't believe you'd think that. Hemingway's impact is huge and undeniable, regardless of personal taste.
Sure, his impact is undeniable and I personally like him. That doesn't mean I think everyone else should be required to like him.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:47 PM   #193 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
I got the definition open on the other tab. your doing it right now



dude your not countering anyone's argument this is straight semantics
Zzzzz...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #194 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
midnight rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Nope. I compared "a current artist you don't like" to Jay-Z. You chose One Direction.
I didn't know you were making a comparison, you asked me for a current artist I didn't like.

Quote:
Sure, his impact is undeniable and I personally like him. That doesn't mean I think everyone else should be required to like him.
If that's what you think I've been suggesting this whole time, you have been woefully misinterpreting me. What I'm suggesting is I think talent and significance can be judged independently from personal taste.
__________________
last.fm
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #195 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post

If that's what you think I've been suggesting this whole time, you have been woefully misinterpreting me. What I'm suggesting is I think talent and significance can be judged independently from personal taste.
you and everyone else. watch out for janz "circular argument"
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:54 PM   #196 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
midnight rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,662
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
you and everyone else. watch out for janz "circular argument"
I'm going to do everyone itt a favor and post this lol:
Quote:
Main Entry: circular argument
Part of Speech: n
Definition: any discussion in which one argues the conclusion as a premise; a discussion that makes a conclusion based on material that has already been assumed in the argument
__________________
last.fm
midnight rain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #197 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Zzzzz...
tasteless
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:03 PM   #198 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
I didn't know you were making a comparison, you asked me for a current artist I didn't like.
Right. To make a point about about the bizarre nature of what ends up being retroactively dubbed "great", not to specifically compare the merits of One Direction and Jay-Z.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuna View Post
If that's what you think I've been suggesting this whole time, you have been woefully misinterpreting me. What I'm suggesting is I think talent and significance can be judged independently from personal taste.
I agree with that to a certain extent. But I don't see why that would mean that I'm not allowed to think Jay-Z is terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
you and everyone else. watch out for janz "circular argument"
He isn't making a circular argument so he has nothing to worry about.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:05 PM   #199 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
tasteless
Z's are tasteless?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:10 PM   #200 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Context, bud. Now that's a tasteful word. PS they're, like, the last letter in the alphabet, and who ever cared about 26 besides classic anime fans?

But on your previous post, I think that's the point. You can think Jay is terrible, i'm sure many do, but would you deny that he had any influence on (especially) this generation of rap?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.