Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Sport & Recreation
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2018, 04:05 AM   #101 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Iíve seen the compression socks but didnít know how effective they would be, will definitely get a set to try. Do you think itís worth looking in to insoles as well as the compression socks?

Have been doing calf raises and toe raises since to help strengthen my lower legs.

Will definitely try and get more calcium and vit D in my diet too thanks
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 04:19 AM   #102 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,820
Default

I would use compression socks for everyday walking and calf braces for running.

Good insoles are always a good idea whenever walking or running. Try out different configurations to see what works for you and your arches.

I have a sweet pair of leather shoes [not for running, obviously] that I've had for like a decade. I got new insoles and the shoes seemed at least 1 size too big. Leather had stretched out and the new insoles were smaller than the last. Lame.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 12:13 PM   #103 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,125
Default

On splints:


1. Make sure you are slowly increasing running volume / week

2. Strength conditioning (here is a running youtube with tons of great guides https://www.youtube.com/user/TREther...ence/playlists )

3. Vit C / D can't hurt. I always forget to take it. Also: having a good diet in general should benefit your recovery.

4. Try not to run if you are still sore from the last one. Listen to your body, rest it when it needs etc.

5. Don't fuck with insoles. Get some good running shoes. I recommend going to a running shoe store and having them do a free workup, but you can also find out if your pronation etc if you do some more research online.
__________________
Last.FM
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 02:03 AM   #104 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Lilja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 513
Default

I used to get shin splints when I started running. Have you looked into getting proper running shoes? It might be because of how your foot is landing.

I have insoles in my shoes because I like to spoil my feet (essentially they are super comfortable now). But I went to the sports store, they recorded my running and how my foot lands, then fitted me into a pair of shoes that I adore and work for my foot because I enjoy long distance running. Those shoes I use for nothing else but running (I really don't belive in the all-around shoe anymore.). If I get anything remotely like a splint, I keep running until the pain goes away. But I really don't get anything like them anymore so no worries. I go through maybe two-three pairs a year.


I don't use compression sock or compression pants because they make my legs feel slightly numb and to me that isn't nice at all. When I run, I like to feel comfortable and don't want to really focus on anything.Up to you though.

Last edited by Lilja; 10-27-2018 at 02:10 AM.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 03:06 PM   #105 (permalink)
Send Help
 
K Addict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: Cymru
Posts: 306
Default

Try to run everyday distances vary from speed sessions to 18 mile mountain run
K Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:02 PM   #106 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I would use compression socks for everyday walking and calf braces for running.

Good insoles are always a good idea whenever walking or running. Try out different configurations to see what works for you and your arches.

I have a sweet pair of leather shoes [not for running, obviously] that I've had for like a decade. I got new insoles and the shoes seemed at least 1 size too big. Leather had stretched out and the new insoles were smaller than the last. Lame.
I suffered for about a week then got myself some compression socks, wore them for 2 days solid and it has dramatically reduced it. Canít feel it at all. Havenít tried running in them yet because Iíve just been doing other types of cardio to try rest them as much as possible. Iím going to get fitted for insoles or trainers after Christmas and hopefully I wonít need anything else .

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
On splints:


1. Make sure you are slowly increasing running volume / week

2. Strength conditioning (here is a running youtube with tons of great guides https://www.youtube.com/user/TREther...ence/playlists )

3. Vit C / D can't hurt. I always forget to take it. Also: having a good diet in general should benefit your recovery.

4. Try not to run if you are still sore from the last one. Listen to your body, rest it when it needs etc.

5. Don't fuck with insoles. Get some good running shoes. I recommend going to a running shoe store and having them do a free workup, but you can also find out if your pronation etc if you do some more research online.
Thanks very much, Iíve stopped just now but Iíll slow my intervals right down.

Iíll definitely need to get more vitamin D, thatís probably something my diet lacks because Iím not even sure what foods it is in.

Yeah Iím definitely going to get some proper trainers fitted, itís something Iíve grew to love so donít mind spending some money on a good pair!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:38 PM   #107 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,820
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FETCHER. View Post
I suffered for about a week then got myself some compression socks, wore them for 2 days solid and it has dramatically reduced it. Canít feel it at all. Havenít tried running in them yet because Iíve just been doing other types of cardio to try rest them as much as possible. Iím going to get fitted for insoles or trainers after Christmas and hopefully I wonít need anything else .
If you can get some Tommie Copper ones or just ones with copper in them, they are said to be even better for you, health-wise. But who knows if that sh*t is real or not.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 01:59 AM   #108 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
If you can get some Tommie Copper ones or just ones with copper in them, they are said to be even better for you, health-wise. But who knows if that sh*t is real or not.
I donít know how I feel about copper stuff. I had a copper bangle and I honestly donít know if it helped any. Iíd probably still try it if I need to though.

One of my friends is a sports therapist too so hopefully she can teach me how to tape my calves up to try and prevent it.

Iím going to try loads of little changes and hopefully they will tide me over until I can get myself new trainers.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:52 AM   #109 (permalink)
Nae wains, Great Danes.
 
FETCHER.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Where how means why.
Posts: 3,412
Default

Haven’t ran since I last posted in here but I’m going to try it again next week.

The soreness went away before but still got aches when I done certain exercises. I trained legs in the gym and it ended up crippling me. I’m hoping the break has been long enough! I have barely exercised since .
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 12:15 PM   #110 (permalink)
eat the masters
 
debaserr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,125
Default

It's probably a good idea to alternate between running and walking to make sure you aren't going out too hard. IE: Run for 1 minute and then walk for 1 minute or whatever is comfortable.

https://www.reddit.com/r/C25K/

Maybe this subreddit could help you.

It's called Couch to 5k, and the intent is to help people start running.
__________________
Last.FM
debaserr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.