Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

elphenor 02-15-2017 07:43 PM

What that article/study tells us btw is that when your country can't support immigration guess what

They don't immigrate!

It's amazing how that works huh

DwnWthVwls 02-15-2017 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1805943)
I don't think illegal immigration makes nearly as much of an impact as people claim, but at the same time we have some of the most relaxed immigration laws of any 1st world country. I have a friend who was going to move to UK to be with his now wife. He was deported soon as he got off the plane. His wife moved here and is now working on her citizenship. Because it's easy.

We are built on immigration. Nobody wants people to stop immigrating. They just want them to do it legally. And for those that want people to do it legally, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I get how a lot of the immigration back lash comes from white racist nationalist trash, but not all. And those that are not racist have a good point. And it's not just white people that think people should be immigrating legally. For any dumb ass liberal that wants to make it into a race thing, shut the **** up because you give your party a bad name. And that's sad, because you are the better party.

Better stop now. You're making sense and will be labeled a racist by MB.

elphenor 02-15-2017 07:46 PM

You want them to be legal

support an easy path to citizenship for the ones here

that whole line of reasoning is a mess

Frownland 02-15-2017 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1805943)

We are built on immigration. Nobody wants people to stop immigrating. They just want them to do it legally. And for those that want people to do it legally, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Totally. However, our immigration system is unnecessarily difficult to navigate, especially for people in an unstable situation. We need help policy reform, and a wall is not it.

Lucem Ferre 02-15-2017 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1805945)
Better stop now. You're making sense and will be labeled a racist by MB.

Yeah, I've seen the jokes these people laugh at.

And I also don't care. On half thinks I'm racist, the other thinks I'm an SJW. I'm just somebody that thinks for them self. I know, it's rare to see.

elphenor 02-15-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre (Post 1805943)
I don't think illegal immigration makes nearly as much of an impact as people claim, but at the same time we have some of the most relaxed immigration laws of any 1st world country. I have a friend who was going to move to UK to be with his now wife. He was deported soon as he got off the plane. His wife moved here and is now working on her citizenship. Because it's easy.

We are built on immigration. Nobody wants people to stop immigrating. They just want them to do it legally. And for those that want people to do it legally, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. I get how a lot of the immigration back lash comes from white racist nationalist trash, but not all. And those that are not racist have a good point. And it's not just white people that think people should be immigrating legally. For any dumb ass liberal that wants to make it into a race thing, shut the **** up because you give your party a bad name. And that's sad, because you are the better party.

No because the line of reasoning to push immigration as "bad" is

1. always ridiculous/completely incompatible with what we know

2. in itself ****ing racist

Lucem Ferre 02-15-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1805947)
Totally. However, our immigration system is unnecessarily difficult to navigate, especially for people in an unstable situation. We need help policy reform, and a wall is not it.

I didn't say I support a wall. A wall is ****ing stupid.

Our immigration laws are confusing, but most countries just won't take people if their situation is unstable. Like Canada, you have to have a certain amount of money and some kind of skills proving that you can make it in the work force.

DwnWthVwls 02-15-2017 07:56 PM

Like usual you leave shit out to make yourself look good, but you're forgetting the very important word, ILLEGAL.

elphenor 02-15-2017 07:58 PM

It's actually the most unimportant word really

you think they'd be totally fine with immigration if we had an open door policy

hey now it doesn't break the law cool

Lucem Ferre 02-15-2017 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1805950)
No because the line of reasoning to push immigration as "bad" is

1. always ridiculous/completely incompatible with what we know

2. in itself ****ing racist

No, it's not racist in it's self. You know, when you call things racist that aren't really racist you demean the things that really are racist and take the focus away from them. It's disgusting. It's like whiny bitches claiming or self diagnosing themselves with mental illness because they think it's cool or they need to be a victim.

Also, it's not about immigration. It's about illegal immigration. Which has less to do with race and more to do with the people living here contributing to society. You think illegal immigrants get properly trained or supervised when doing work? You think they pay taxes to contribute to the country? Do you think they get drafted to war? Or have to do jury duty?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:48 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.