Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2004, 12:37 AM   #281 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Yellow Card's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 128
Default

ok. back to the topic. the people that i know that hate america in my country usually hate it, mainly because of the NRA/,murders, rape, drugs... you get the picture. but as someone said before every country has its pros and cons. I know another reason why lost of people dont like USA and thats because we have TV people over there asking Americans if they can point to Australia on a map. and 99% of the people cant. I know its biased but the fact still remains. im sure if you ask anybody here where America is, they'll know it.
Anywho, for the record, i dont mind america, and I like George Bush. But hey i also dont get the deal with you guys hating Canada, i like the place.
__________________
"True friends stab you in the front"


---The Beltsville Crucible---
Yellow Card is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 01:56 AM   #282 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: SoCal
Posts: 4
Default

We don't really have that much bad stuff in America. Ex. Rape, drugs, murder.
Most people hate america because most people are facisst that hide behind their so called "christianity".
luckyzero13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 03:06 AM   #283 (permalink)
Damned If You Do
 
Invisible Spider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Australia
Posts: 147
Default

Everyone hates America because they all love Australia (this might not be true but i'll say it anyway)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill
Deleted posts...*feels dumb* two noobs we're bitching eachother out..
Invisible Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 09:44 AM   #284 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber
Are you an immigrant or something?Sure,we have our freedom,but at a price-we are fat and ignorant.And content with it.Our government is incredibly hypocritical,our country too meddlesome.We lack morals,values.We will bitch all day about the things that piss us off,and not do a damn thing to change them.We are pathetic.Seriously,though-read up on some other countries-you might give the almighty U.S of A. a second thought.
I dont know about you, but I am not fat, nor ignorant. I think you need to visit a few other countries and discover how good you have it. Maybe even a different state, b/c florida is the worst state i have ever been in.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:12 AM   #285 (permalink)
drummer
 
rise_above's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 117
Default

I think the majority of the problems our planet faces today are the result of our own misguided delusions, our stubborn shortsightedness and an infuriating inability to see our species for who we really are. We don't understand cultures that are different from our own and because our brains are hardwired with a defense mechanism to be wary and fearful of things that are strange or foreign to us, we easily resort to the base emotions of jealousy and hatred which leads to violence and war. We choose to compete instead of trying to cooperate to achieve a collective goal. Because of our false pride and paranoia all our valuable resources are spent fighting, killing and hating each other instead of combatting our common enemies of hunger, disease and poverty. I think our society has become so self-obsessed with image, and looks, and fashion, and reality TV and botox and extreme makeovers that we can't see that our society itself needs an extreme makeover. I think it's crazy and suicidal that our government spends thirteen times as much on weapons of war as they do on diplomacy. And also, I think if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, there's probably a lawyer that can convince a jury that there's reasonable doubt that it's not a duck and that's why the legal system is so screwed up.
__________________
Living tommorow in everyones sorrow
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares
-Henry Rollins
rise_above is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:15 AM   #286 (permalink)
My real name is Renee.
 
Jonah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Posts: 191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEmochicKx
Canada sucks ass
Live in America for a month.
__________________
"If we take our strength- to market, to trade for their ugly beauty-Watch us grow up to war."
Jonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:27 AM   #287 (permalink)
drummer
 
rise_above's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xEmochicKx
Canada sucks ass
and why would you say that? you dont know much about the country. my girlfriends family lives there and they say its great and better than living here. Your probably just saying that because they have a goofy flag. So the **** what
__________________
Living tommorow in everyones sorrow
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares
-Henry Rollins
rise_above is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 10:34 AM   #288 (permalink)
drummer
 
rise_above's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: California
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Card
ok. back to the topic. the people that i know that hate america in my country usually hate it, mainly because of the murders, rape, drugs... you get the picture..
like that doesn't happen in all the other countries...
__________________
Living tommorow in everyones sorrow
Modern man's daydreams have turned into nightmares
-Henry Rollins
rise_above is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 04:24 PM   #289 (permalink)
Doom!
 
i am not emo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Birmingham
Posts: 89
Default

i'm english and would love to live in america, unfortunately my mother chose australia as the country for us to move to but oh well, might be as good....
i am not emo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2004, 05:32 PM   #290 (permalink)
Everything's eventual
 
spearmint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Norwich, england
Posts: 173
Default

I've never been to america...but I don't think that where a person lives reflects on how well the make music. People who have said it probably didn't mean it in a completely litteral sence.
spearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.