Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2004, 03:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
Freeskier
 
jibber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...
Posts: 1,536
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Basically your country has no army and has depended on the US for protection for years. As I have said before, the Salvation Army could go in and take over Canada. Illegal War? LMFAO, the US Congress voted to go to war. We don't need permission from anyone if we want to do something. The UNITED STATES went into Iraq and had some of their own soldiers killed while the whole world sat back and watched. As soon as we found Sadaam all the other countries decided to join in the rebuilding process. We said "**** that" cause you didn't help in the first place. BUSH didn't kill anybody. Say the US if you want to, cause the US went to war. CONGRESS voted to go to war. If you knew ANYTHING about United States politics you would know the President can only move troops for 60 days on his own terms and then they would have to pull back without a Congress vote. We asked for UN help in the situation. With Iraq funding terrorism and terrorism being a big thing in the US we needed to go in and take out Iraqi funds (all coming from Sadaam Hussein and his supporters). And judging by your first statement of "You aren't 100% sure. Put it this way, a country might have the weapons of power in order to hit your country. Would you sit back and wait for them to attack? And if you say yes, well then you are a ****ing idiot. All you people know NOTHING about the feelings of soldiers and the families. I go to school with kids whose parents are in the military (More than 3/4 my school is military families). Those kids are DAMN proud to see their parents out their fighting for what we feel is right. So if you got a problem with it, then **** off.
Wow. First of all, citing the "we could take over your country with the salvation army" thing just proves how weak your information really is. Canada's underdevelopped military (to put it nicely) has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the situation in Iraq. Yes i'll be the first to admit that our military is a joke, but the reason for that is beacuse we have no need for an army. Go anywhere around the world, and there are no countries with hostile feelings towards us. Now don't go and say that the reason that so many countries hate the US is because they're "jealous of your economy" or your "freedom". The reason no one hates Canada is becasue we have a very passive and peaceful foreign policy, which is why we'd never have any incentive to go to war, because no countries would ever have the incentive to go to war with us. The US on the other hand, has a LONG history of engaging in wars with little reason or verifiable evidence. Case example: Vietnam, and now Iraq. Afghanistan is a completely different story, the US had every right to go to war, and did so, good choice. Maybe that's why they had so many countries volunteering to help, as well as having the full support of the UN. Now Iraq, NO verifiable evidence of weapons of mass destruction, or any link to Al Queda. Therefore no UN support. The UN was established as a body of reason in the world, to try and prevent any unneccesary wars in the future. Every war affects the entire world, not just the countries actively engaged in the fighting. Just pause to think for a minute how the world would be affected if EVERY country acted out the same foreign policy as the US. If EVERY country went to war with another becasue they didn't agree on how the leader ran thier own country, what do you think would happen? EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY in the WORLD would be at war. Sound like a nice senario? no. Now I'm not by any means defending Sadam. I think that the type of crimes he committed in Iraq were absolutely disturbing. But don't you think that bombing the hell out of the country might not have been the way to go? Yes, the US army effectively removed Sadam from power. However, they also destroyed a huge portion of their major cities, killed an enormous amount of the population, and crippled any possibility of having a stable economy for years to come. To put it bluntly, The US f***** Iraq up big time. So how the hell can you call that liberation?
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 03:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Iraqi President Sadaam gassed his own people, yet we go in their and take him out and we are bad people? No, and who said that taking a small step back won't lead to a huge step forward. No one promised this new Iraq to be great immediately. It will take time. And the reason for your weak army is your dependance on the US. If only we put an ban on Canadian goods in the US, your economy would be in the dumps. Canada depends on the US so y'all should just shut up and go with it. The UN bomb inspectors were put there because of Iraq difficulties in the past. The bomb inspectors were supposed to have full view of anything they wanted and they didn't get that. And if the UN is so powerful, how come the bomb sanctions that were put on Iraq were not held onto. The bombs we DID find in Iraq were illegal for Iraq to have according to the "UN" sanctions. Of course, I guess they made them. NO, countries such as Russia and France had been selling missiles to Iraq for years. Why do you think they are all against it?
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:16 PM   #33 (permalink)
Management
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ, USA
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Basically your country has no army and has depended on the US for protection for years. As I have said before, the Salvation Army could go in and take over Canada. Illegal War? LMFAO, the US Congress voted to go to war. We don't need permission from anyone if we want to do something. The UNITED STATES went into Iraq and had some of their own soldiers killed while the whole world sat back and watched. As soon as we found Sadaam all the other countries decided to join in the rebuilding process. We said "**** that" cause you didn't help in the first place. BUSH didn't kill anybody. Say the US if you want to, cause the US went to war. CONGRESS voted to go to war. If you knew ANYTHING about United States politics you would know the President can only move troops for 60 days on his own terms and then they would have to pull back without a Congress vote. We asked for UN help in the situation. With Iraq funding terrorism and terrorism being a big thing in the US we needed to go in and take out Iraqi funds (all coming from Sadaam Hussein and his supporters). And judging by your first statement of "You aren't 100% sure. Put it this way, a country might have the weapons of power in order to hit your country. Would you sit back and wait for them to attack? And if you say yes, well then you are a ****ing idiot. All you people know NOTHING about the feelings of soldiers and the families. I go to school with kids whose parents are in the military (More than 3/4 my school is military families). Those kids are DAMN proud to see their parents out their fighting for what we feel is right. So if you got a problem with it, then **** off.
Agreed.

I too live in a town that revolves around the military (without it our town would be in extreme poverty). I'm an Air Force brat myself and my older brother is currently serving in the Army..
Interactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:20 PM   #34 (permalink)
Management
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ, USA
Posts: 79
Default

The reason no body hates you guys (Canada as a whole) is due to the fact that 1) nothing ever happens in Canada, 2) Canadians, due to their socialist government, don't enjoy the same freedoms as us...on and on and on...

A stable economy? Iraq never really had a decent economy as everything was controlled by Saddam and his butt buddies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jibber
Wow. First of all, citing the "we could take over your country with the salvation army" thing just proves how weak your information really is. Canada's underdevelopped military (to put it nicely) has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with the situation in Iraq. Yes i'll be the first to admit that our military is a joke, but the reason for that is beacuse we have no need for an army. Go anywhere around the world, and there are no countries with hostile feelings towards us. Now don't go and say that the reason that so many countries hate the US is because they're "jealous of your economy" or your "freedom". The reason no one hates Canada is becasue we have a very passive and peaceful foreign policy, which is why we'd never have any incentive to go to war, because no countries would ever have the incentive to go to war with us. The US on the other hand, has a LONG history of engaging in wars with little reason or verifiable evidence. Case example: Vietnam, and now Iraq. Afghanistan is a completely different story, the US had every right to go to war, and did so, good choice. Maybe that's why they had so many countries volunteering to help, as well as having the full support of the UN. Now Iraq, NO verifiable evidence of weapons of mass destruction, or any link to Al Queda. Therefore no UN support. The UN was established as a body of reason in the world, to try and prevent any unneccesary wars in the future. Every war affects the entire world, not just the countries actively engaged in the fighting. Just pause to think for a minute how the world would be affected if EVERY country acted out the same foreign policy as the US. If EVERY country went to war with another becasue they didn't agree on how the leader ran thier own country, what do you think would happen? EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY in the WORLD would be at war. Sound like a nice senario? no. Now I'm not by any means defending Sadam. I think that the type of crimes he committed in Iraq were absolutely disturbing. But don't you think that bombing the hell out of the country might not have been the way to go? Yes, the US army effectively removed Sadam from power. However, they also destroyed a huge portion of their major cities, killed an enormous amount of the population, and crippled any possibility of having a stable economy for years to come. To put it bluntly, The US f***** Iraq up big time. So how the hell can you call that liberation?
Interactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
Management
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Sierra Vista, AZ, USA
Posts: 79
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Iraqi President Sadaam gassed his own people, yet we go in their and take him out and we are bad people? No, and who said that taking a small step back won't lead to a huge step forward. No one promised this new Iraq to be great immediately. It will take time. And the reason for your weak army is your dependance on the US. If only we put an ban on Canadian goods in the US, your economy would be in the dumps. Canada depends on the US so y'all should just shut up and go with it. The UN bomb inspectors were put there because of Iraq difficulties in the past. The bomb inspectors were supposed to have full view of anything they wanted and they didn't get that. And if the UN is so powerful, how come the bomb sanctions that were put on Iraq were not held onto. The bombs we DID find in Iraq were illegal for Iraq to have according to the "UN" sanctions. Of course, I guess they made them. NO, countries such as Russia and France had been selling missiles to Iraq for years. Why do you think they are all against it?

Canada's economy is already in the dumps. This is what happens with Socialism....
Interactive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
Rocker
 
Xarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 267
Default

Thank you jibber for writing all that out so that i dont have to.

Summary about why Canada has no huge army:
-We don't piss everyone else off, so nobody attacks us, or wants to.
-We don't see any reason to attack anyone else.


Alejo: about our economy being dependent on your's, you are right. Except, your's depends on our's as well. They are dependent, but still separate, as was evident when your economy went ****ty, and ours was on the rise.

Just because we work together on a lot of things doesnt mean we should just 'shut up and go with it'.

and finally, to your comment on how you dont need permission from anyone to do anything, that sums up why the US is probably the most hated country in the world. The United Nations were formed to protect the common good of the world, and to keep the peace. The idea is that they will stop any of the bull**** in Iraq from happening. If you think that the US shouldn't have to give a damn what that body thinks, then you are no better than your president.
__________________
"I wanna ROCK!"
Xarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:26 PM   #37 (permalink)
Rocker
 
Xarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 267
Default

oh, here's a little tidbit I found:

RESUME
George W. Bush
The White House, USA

LAW ENFORCEMENT:

I was arrested in Kennebunkport, Maine in 1976 for driving under the influence
of alcohol. I pled guilty, paid a fine, and had my driver's license suspended for
30 days.

My Texas driving record has been "lost" and is not available.

MILITARY:

I joined the Texas Air National Guard and went AWOL. I refused
to take a drug test or answer any questions about my drug use. By joining
the Texas Air National Guard, I was able to avoid combat duty in Vietnam.

COLLEGE:

I graduated from Yale University. I earned a lot of "gentleman's C's," which
means F's that are turned into C's for sons of prominent Americans.

PAST WORK EXPERIENCE:

I ran for U.S. Congress and lost.

I began my career in the oil business in Midland, Texas in 1975. I bought
an oil company, but couldn't find any oil in Texas. The company went
bankrupt shortly after I sold all my stock.

I bought the Texas Rangers baseball team in a sweetheart deal that took
land using taxpayer money.

With the help of my father and our right-wing friends in the oil industry
(including Enron CEO Ken Lay), I was elected Governor of Texas.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS GOVERNOR: I changed Texas pollution laws to favor power
and oil companies, making Texas the most polluted state in the Union.

During my tenure, Houston replaced Los Angeles as the most smog-ridden
city in America.

I cut taxes and bankrupted the Texas treasury to the tune of billions in
borrowed money.

I set the record for the most executions by any Governor in American
history.

With the help of my brother, the Governor of Florida, and my father's
appointments to the Supreme court, I became President after losing by over
500,000 votes.

ACCOMPLISHMENTS AS PRESIDENT:

I invaded and occupied two countries at a continuing cost of over one
billion dollars per week.

I spent the U.S. surplus and effectively bankrupted the U.S. Treasury.

I shattered the record for the largest annual deficit in U.S. history.

I set an economic record for most private bankruptcies filed in any
12-month period.

I set the all-time record for the biggest drop in the history of the U.S.
stock market.

I am the first president in U.S. history to enter office with a criminal
record.

I set the the all-time record for most days on vacation in any one year
period. After taking-off the entire month of August, I presided over the
worst security failure in U.S.history.

I am supporting development of a nuclear "Tactical Bunker Buster," a WMD.

In my State Of The Union Address, I lied about our reasons for attacking
Iraq, then blamed the lies on our British friends.

I set the record for most campaign fund-raising trips by a U.S. president.

In my first year in office over 2-million Americans lost their jobs and
that trend continues every month.

I set the all-time record for most foreclosures in a 12-month period.

I appointed more convicted criminals to administration than any president
in U.S. history.

I set the record for least amount of press conferences for any president
since the advent of television.

I presided over the biggest energy crisis in U.S. history and refused to
intervene when corruption involving the oil industry was revealed.

I presided over the highest gasoline prices in U.S. history.

I have cut health care benefits for war veterans and support a cut in duty
benefits for active duty troops and their families -- in war time.

I have set the all-time record for most people worldwide to simultaneously
protest against me in public venues (15 million people), shattering the record for
protest against ANY person in the history of mankind.

I've broken more international treaties than any president in U.S. history.

I'm proud that the members of my cabinet are the richest of any
administration in U.S. history. My "poorest millionaire," Condoleeza Rice,
has a Chevron oil tanker named after her.

I am the first president in U.S. history to order an unprovoked, pre-emptive
attack and military occupation of a sovereign nation. I did so against the will
of the United Nations, the majority of U.S. citizens, and the world community.

I created the Ministry of Homeland Security, the largest bureaucracy in
the history of the United States government

I am the first president in U.S. history to have the United Nations remove
the U.S. from the Human Rights Commission.

I withdrew the U.S. from the World Court of Law. I refused to allow
inspectors access to U.S. prisoners of war detainees and thereby have
refused to abide by the Geneva Convention.

I am the first president in history to refuse United Nations election
inspectors (during the 2002 U.S. election).

I am the all-time U.S. and world record-holder for receiving the most
corporate campaign donations.

My largest lifetime campaign contributor, and one of my best friends,
Kenneth Lay, presided over the largest corporate bankruptcy fraud in U.S.
history. My political party used the Enron private jets and corporate
attorneys to assure my success with the U.S. Supreme Court during my
election decision.

I have protected my friends at Enron and Halliburton against investigation
or prosecution.

More time and money was spent investigating the Monica Lewinsky affair
than has been spent investigating one of the biggest corporate ripoffs in
history.

I garnered the most sympathy for the U.S. after the World Trade Center
attacks and less than a year later made the U.S. the most hated country in
the world, the largest failure of diplomacy in world history.

I am the first president in history to have a majority of Europeans (71%)
view my presidency as the biggest threat to world peace and security.

I changed the U.S. policy to allow convicted criminals to be awarded
government contracts.

I have so far failed to fulfill my pledge to bring Osama Bin Laden to
justice.

RECORDS AND REFERENCES:

All records of my tenure as Governor of Texas are now in my father's
library, sealed, and unavailable for public view.

All records of SEC investigations into my insider trading and my bankrupt
companies are sealed in secrecy and unavailable for public view.

All records or minutes from meetings that I, or my Vice-President,
attended regarding public energy policy are sealed in secrecy and
unavailable for public review.

Please consider my experience when voting in 2004.
__________________
"I wanna ROCK!"
Xarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 05:54 PM   #38 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Sweet, so you found an article written by a democrat. Look at all the other people running. Not much better. And you aren't even American, so let's see how much your vote matters.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 06:45 PM   #39 (permalink)
Freeskier
 
jibber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Istanbul was Constantinople now it's Istanbul not Constantinople...
Posts: 1,536
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
Iraqi President Sadaam gassed his own people, yet we go in their and take him out and we are bad people? No, and who said that taking a small step back won't lead to a huge step forward. No one promised this new Iraq to be great immediately. It will take time. And the reason for your weak army is your dependance on the US. If only we put an ban on Canadian goods in the US, your economy would be in the dumps. Canada depends on the US so y'all should just shut up and go with it. The UN bomb inspectors were put there because of Iraq difficulties in the past. The bomb inspectors were supposed to have full view of anything they wanted and they didn't get that. And if the UN is so powerful, how come the bomb sanctions that were put on Iraq were not held onto. The bombs we DID find in Iraq were illegal for Iraq to have according to the "UN" sanctions. Of course, I guess they made them. NO, countries such as Russia and France had been selling missiles to Iraq for years. Why do you think they are all against it?
*sigh*
Canada does do a large amount of trade with the US, and yes, Canada's trade relations with the US does impact our economy. However, the US is hugely dependant on our exports too. Why the hell do you think they call it interdependace? The US would be screwed if Canada put a ban on American goods as well. Intersting fact for ya: The majority of cars sold in the US were actually manufactured in Canada (Ontario to be exact). That's just one example of how much your economy depends on us, just as our economy is dependant on yours, to an extent. So please, in the future, no one say anything about how much Canada depends on the US, because it works both ways. Next. "small step back" might be a bit of an understatement when it comes to the extent of damage the US has done to Iraq. And thanks for stating the obvious when you say it will take some time. The trouble in the middle east will most likely not end with Iraq. There's a huge probability that the Bush administration will go after other countries in the so called "axis ov evil". Finally, the whole point in posting that article (above this post) is to point out just how unqualified president Bush is to run the country. And yes, I know how politics work, I know that Bush has an entire administration that contributes to his decision, and I know as well that congress makes a huge impact too. But the fact is, it was Bush and his administration (made up of people he chose to run with) who began the allegations against Sadam after 9-11, it was Bush and his administration who fed the public all the propoganda about weapons of mass destruction and links to Bin Laden, it was Bush and his administration who pushed for war in Iraq. The man who has made all these critical decisions is the same man who is incapable of stringing together a a basic sentence without a team of qualified speech writers. And yes, I know every president in the history of the US has employed people to write the speeches, but not many of them earn entire segments on late night talk shows composed entirely of made up words and grammer mistakes that a second grader could point out. And this is the man who's running your country. Doesn't that just give you a warm fuzzy feeling?
jibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 08:15 PM   #40 (permalink)
looking long'n'hard
 
2tonelol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Hampton London
Posts: 161
Default

The onlty thing Americans can do is hope that they get a fair election this time round.You dont want that whole pregnant chad's outrage.The man shouldn't (for better or worse) of been elected in the first place.IMO.(which may suck)
__________________
Jesus is coming!!!! Look Busy!!!!

http://liquidator.mysite.freeserve.com/
2tonelol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.