Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2015, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default Burn Out/Fade Away.

Ok, So I started this I guess to purge my psyche really. It's 7:30 on Wed and I should be in school today, but you know what man, not today. (.) So without going into to too much detail, here's a long story short. Some ******* I have been messing with for like 15 years, is an idiot junkie. Now before all you guys get offend. (I am a former idiot junkie.) Now, I have never seen junkie on this scale, and I have seen some crazy **** in my day. But never to where some one is that desperate to get off that, that they inject bath salts and heroin. Really? Bath Salts bro? Anyway, fyi for all you guys out there that thought this sounds tasty it is apparently a lethal combo. Now suffice it to say, I still get down when the urge comes along because I can't white knuckle sobriety, but I also can't be an ******* either because I have to much **** to do in my life. Like literally, ain't nobody got time to be strung out.

So, here is my question, since the guy mentioned oded and didn't die, and in light of my phone blowing up yesterday all day with messages, about how happy everyone was that I was there otherwise he'd be dead but we have to let him bottom out. Or other more irrational statements from dude's wife.

What I am wondering is some people's bottom is dead. So basically is that telling someone to let them die off. Survival of the fittest or what? I mean, ok say that I wasn't present in this situation right, and he did die in a burger king bathroom. I feel like everyone would be standing around weeping and blubbering oh boo hoo we could have done more to save him.... Blah, when anybody with an IQ above 5 can see why this idiot is behaving this way, which was basically like it was Death Wish Weekend. And I have seen this guy get annihilated, so for it to scare me, tells me ok someone has to help him.

So what do you all think? I guess what I mean is like, if some one you loved, and really cared for would you let them die? Or would you keep fighting cause as long as they are still breathing the eventually will grow up enough and not do this **** any more? To Tough Love, or Too Much Tough Love? That is the question, when is tough love absolutely ridiculous? Or is always appropriate and the best course of action in a situation like this?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,754
Default

With all things, there's a certain wisdom to balance in the situation. If you really love them, then of course you should stand by them when they are going through dark times. But at the same time, you have to entertain the possibility that they are beyond your help. It's a horrible situation without a clear answer, and I really hope you manage to get through everything alright. You're a real-life hero, you know, and you've saved and touched a great deal of lives.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
With all things, there's a certain wisdom to balance in the situation. If you really love them, then of course you should stand by them when they are going through dark times. But at the same time, you have to entertain the possibility that they are beyond your help. It's a horrible situation without a clear answer, and I really hope you manage to get through everything alright. You're a real-life hero, you know, and you've saved and touched a great deal of lives.
Thanks, feels like **** to be honest. When I was younger I lived down the street from a man that wrestled a man with a gun , well Collin Furgesoun if that rings any bells? Guy just open fired in to a crowded train on Long Island in the 90's anyway the one of the men the stopped him from killing a **** load more people then he did lived two doors down from me and I watched him hide from media scrutiny grow a beard the whole nine man like jumping out a back window to get to work, I watched that split second decision he made tear apart his life.

And you know something the feeling for me is this, at some point I guess I feel like if you know a person really and truly you know they need an intervention from themselves, (cause the day before I tried to have him committed but it didn't work) if you know someone is that psycho, when do you step in to protect them from themselves. With junkies there is a certain amount on shinanaginz that goes on, and you can tell when it's just selfish antics, up to and including theft, passing out in public places, and the boring run of the mill horse**** sob story written by Mr. ****ing Crybaby. But this was like legitimately different so much so the day this happened I knew deep down he was gonna die, I knew it when I woke up. I kept him with me all day because of that feeling. So when **** goes from boring junk bag drama, to scary as hell is it really appropriate to be like "eh yer on yer own!"?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 4,754
Default

That's a tough question to answer. Looking at it technically, you're not really obligated to be his guardian angel, as he's an adult and is accountable for his own mistakes. But at the same time, it's a horrible feeling when someone gets hurt or even dies, and you believe that there was something you could have done to help them beforehand. This sounds like it's a very frustrating and draining situation for you, and I wish that I could offer more than just vague advice, but in the end I know that you'll find a way through it. Sometimes you just have to do what you can with what you have.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 07:40 AM   #5 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Which was looking back the reason I did what I did other then pure instinct.
Because I didn't want to put myself through the hell of 'could have,would have, should have'. That guilt is waaay to heavy for me man, I am to weak to carry that.

I dunno, I guess I feel like in essence there comes a friggin point where you can be too tough on someone. Because you never know what someone is capable of, **** dude could go on to win the noble prize. (Unlikely, but possible) Something someone told me a while back and it meant so much to me, was "You know Deborah Harry didn't reach her peak until 31". And you know what some people are late bloomers. So how do you let someone just drown and stand there and watch it happen from the shore line. I feel like that is a form of murder honestly. You can't make people help, and you can't make those who need help accept it, but knowing both those factors, I feel like one should be crafty enough to figure out how to help some knowing the constraints of the situation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 3,453
Default

Other than being with someone 24 hours a day, there's only so much anyone can do in that situation. I lost six friends to overdoses over a ten year period. Four of them were in their mid to late 20's, one was 32 and one was 36. None of them wanted to stop doing what they were doing and no amount of pleading or pressuring changed their minds. I also have a few friends who came to their senses and wised up on their own. Ultimately, it's going to be up to your friend to stop playing self-destructive games with his life.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Step off. You angry little hobgoblin.
She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 4,651
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
Other than being with someone 24 hours a day, there's only so much anyone can do in that situation. I lost six friends to overdoses over a ten year period. Four of them were in their mid to late 20's, one was 32 and one was 36. None of them wanted to stop doing what they were doing and no amount of pleading or pressuring changed their minds. I also have a few friends who came to their senses and wised up on their own. Ultimately, it's going to be up to your friend to stop playing self-destructive games with his life.
Pretty much word for word what I was going to say. I've lost a few on the way, and there's really nothing anyone can do except be there for them when they need you.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post
Other than being with someone 24 hours a day, there's only so much anyone can do in that situation. I lost six friends to overdoses over a ten year period. Four of them were in their mid to late 20's, one was 32 and one was 36. None of them wanted to stop doing what they were doing and no amount of pleading or pressuring changed their minds. I also have a few friends who came to their senses and wised up on their own. Ultimately, it's going to be up to your friend to stop playing self-destructive games with his life.
,

This I know, I have been dealing with this for a very long time, see we used to use together, he gave me my first does of LSD, and then we evenutally spiraled outta control, so there is already a codependant bond we have together, which I know is sick in it's own right, because I don't tolerate this **** from anyone except him. See the bitch of the situation was the end result of Death Wish Weekend was him saying to me get me to help, and he conned me (and I fell for it) into stopping so he could use the bathroom, I was 2 blocks away from the rehab. That is the bitch of it.

But see here is the real kicker, is the version of bath salts he was taking, (I've been educating myself this am, because I have never seen anything like this. ) makes you paranoid, delisuional, screaming in terror for no reason, completely black out, rage, depression, suicidal. But these side effects last 5-15 days, especially if you inject. He started doing this **** Friday, and he oded for the 4th time Monday. That to me screams hey ****in lock him up, either in jail, or the mental hospital I don't ****ing care which because see he couldn't have tied his own shoes without trying to eat the ****in laces man. So at what point do people say, hey man you are incapable of even deciding you want to live. We don't let mentally challenged folks make those decisions for themselves, and someone that wacked out shouldn't have ever been allowed leave a hospital 1 time let alone 3.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:46 AM   #9 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 3,453
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
,

This I know, I have been dealing with this for a very long time, see we used to use together, he gave me my first does of LSD, and then we evenutally spiraled outta control, so there is already a codependant bond we have together, which I know is sick in it's own right, because I don't tolerate this **** from anyone except him. See the bitch of the situation was the end result of Death Wish Weekend was him saying to me get me to help, and he conned me (and I fell for it) into stopping so he could use the bathroom, I was 2 blocks away from the rehab. That is the bitch of it.

But see here is the real kicker, is the version of bath salts he was taking, (I've been educating myself this am, because I have never seen anything like this. ) makes you paranoid, delisuional, screaming in terror for no reason, completely black out, rage, depression, suicidal. But these side effects last 5-15 days, especially if you inject. He started doing this **** Friday, and he oded for the 4th time Monday. That to me screams hey ****in lock him up, either in jail, or the mental hospital I don't ****ing care which because see he couldn't have tied his own shoes without trying to eat the ****in laces man. So at what point do people say, hey man you are incapable of even deciding you want to live. We don't let mentally challenged folks make those decisions for themselves, and someone that wacked out shouldn't have ever been allowed leave a hospital 1 time let alone 3.
Maybe if he does something to attract the attention of the police and gets picked up and sent into a psych ward for evaluation, he might be able to get whatever help he needs (that actually happened to a friend of mine and luckily it worked.) Other than that, it doesn't look like there's much you can do beyond what you've already done.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Step off. You angry little hobgoblin.
She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 08:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 4,004
Default

Yeah I am not trying to do anything except get back to normal. I know I gave it the old college try man. And I haven't washed my hands completely of him. But **** look me up when you get outta jail, (he is going away again for a stint after this stunt) See the issue with the bath salts is you have fleeting moments of reality, and when I tried to have him committed the day before he tried to die, the police went to his squat and talked to him and knew he wasn't right, but the laws are such in Fla that they can't baker act you unless you say you want to kill yourself or someone else. So when they talked to me about that which I already knew, I was like please just go look. Our system is broken man. I am all about tripping my titties off, having a blast, and getting stoned man. But ****in A, there was nothing partyesque about this, and I feel like there should be laws against this kinda of thing. I tried to tell them hey he's been taking this **** called alpha -php and its ****in him up but again when the cops did a wellness check he was lucid enough to not have dope on him. So what do you do, you have a drug with fleeting moments of reality, and you can tell someone wants to live, because if that weren't the case he'd have not had the presence of mind to not have **** on him. Whether he wanted to live to keep using, or live because he wants it is neither here nor there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.

Last edited by RoxyRollah; 01-14-2015 at 09:00 AM.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.