Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/)
-   -   What Did President Trump Do Now? (https://www.musicbanter.com/current-events-philosophy-religion/87986-what-did-president-trump-do-now.html)

Chula Vista 04-04-2017 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1819587)
Nothing in that post is any different from any other election except you have a greater distaste for the candidate this time around (and rightfully so).

So right DWV. You got me. I'm being serious.

The Batlord 04-04-2017 03:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoxyRollah (Post 1819548)
How are all my favorite communists hhhhhmmmm?

Having fun redistributing your non-existent wealth.

djchameleon 04-04-2017 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1819537)
No it's not, because it solves absolutely nothing. That's my entire point. It actually detracts from issues that do matter, I don't understand why this is difficult to understand.

What are the issues that matter to you that aren't being discussed? I keep hearing about issues issues issues in statements like that but it's such bullshit because the person complaining never talks about these "issues" at all either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisnaholic (Post 1819545)
^ OK, I'll stand down on the issue of fairness for the moment, DWV. I'm too tired to think that point through...

I suppose I posted my initial grumble about Trump's golfing, etc. because it rankled with me as an example of hypocrisy. I'm aware my posts aren't going to solve anything, but media attention can improve politicians' conduct, can't it?

Issues that do matter? Yes, I'm more than happy to move on to those - but on another day if that's ok. It's bedtime where I live.

Media attention can slightly improve a politician's conduct but Trump isn't a regular politician so I don't think it's going to help. Also the media is doing it all wrong. I saw this video from Vox where they pretty much showed that satire comedians are doing it better and calling BS on stupid things instead of actually entertaining the BS and then debating over it.


Trollheart 04-04-2017 06:35 AM

Ya left out a hyphen, DJ.
Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1819606)
What are the issues that matter to you that aren't being discussed? I keep hearing about issues issues issues in statements like that but it's such bullshit because the person complaining never talks about these "issues" at all either.



Media attention can slightly improve a politician's conduct but Trump isn't a regular politician so I don't think it's going to help. Also the media is doing it all wrong. I saw this video from Vox where they pretty much showed that satire comedians are doing it better and calling BS on stupid things instead of actually entertaining the BS and then debating over it.



djchameleon 04-04-2017 06:47 AM

thanks, I think I deleted too much of the other part to it.

Trollheart 04-04-2017 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1819610)
thanks, I think I deleted too much of the other part to it.

I do that all the time. Usually it's a hyphen or an underscore that's missing. That's how I knew how to fix it.

Frownland 04-04-2017 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1819606)
What are the issues that matter to you that aren't being discussed? I keep hearing about issues issues issues in statements like that but it's such bullshit because the person complaining never talks about these "issues" at all either.

NADP pipeline
New EPA restrictions
Pissing in the face of internet privacy
That punchline of a budget, what it cuts and the unnecessary military increases
High civilian casualties across seas
Abortion restrictions
Press gag

But what really matters is
He tweeted something
He spent some money on golf
He doesn't have the same overheightened respect for archaic forms of decorum as establishment politicians
He was a little bit of a mean guy

The Batlord 04-04-2017 08:04 AM

Yeah that internet privacy thing is gonna have me clearing my browser history just about every day. **** you, Donald.

Frownland 04-04-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1819636)
Yeah that internet privacy thing is gonna have me clearing my browser history just about every day. **** you, Donald.

I clean my gutters to keep it from raining.

djchameleon 04-04-2017 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1819636)
Yeah that internet privacy thing is gonna have me clearing my browser history just about every day. **** you, Donald.

You don't normally do that anyways? Every time I close my browser my history goes with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1819624)
NADP pipeline
New EPA restrictions
Pissing in the face of internet privacy
That punchline of a budget, what it cuts and the unnecessary military increases
High civilian casualties across seas
Abortion restrictions
Press gag

Thank you, some of these have been mentioned in this thread before too.
I'd like to hear DWV's concerns about what issues bother him the most.

I meant to make a thread about DAPL awhile ago but just never got around to it. There were definitely some conflicting views on it.

The Batlord 04-04-2017 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1819641)
You don't normally do that anyways? Every time I close my browser my history goes with it.

I'm lazy tho.

djchameleon 04-04-2017 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1819644)
I'm lazy tho.

Just change the setting and close your browser and bam done.

You only have the change the setting once lol.

elphenor 04-04-2017 08:39 AM

You can rip Trump the hypocritical conman independent of his additionally straight from Fox News policy

It's just Chula is tedious

djchameleon 04-04-2017 08:48 AM

The Nepotism bothers the **** out of me even though there isn't much that can be done.

Jared heading off on trips to Iraq and his daughter getting an office in the White House.

The Batlord 04-04-2017 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1819663)
The Nepotism bothers the **** out of me even though there isn't much that can be done.

Jared heading off on trips to Iraq and his daughter getting an office in the White House.

Bet there's gonna be a dress stain scandal, nawmsayin?

Frownland 04-04-2017 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1819674)
Bet there's gonna be a dress stain scandal, nawmsayin?

The Nordstrom execs already pulled out on Ivanka's dress line if you know what I mean.

Chula Vista 04-04-2017 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 1819658)
It's just Chula is grouchy

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...2289026ac6.jpg

DwnWthVwls 04-04-2017 09:42 AM

Frowns list is fine. I think youre missing my point. Im not complaining about issues in this thread not being talked about or reported on by the media. Im complaining about how society gets distracted by reality tv drama type issues instead of remaining focused on things like policy change.

Chula Vista 04-04-2017 09:54 AM

Policy change isn't shiny though.

Leading up to the election all I talked about was policy and how Trump wasn't going to align with my ideologies. And if I remember correctly I got dumped upon by a bunch of folks here for being too preachy with my beliefs.

It's pretty much a no win discussing politics here on MB....... or anywhere else for that matter.

The Batlord 04-04-2017 09:58 AM

You get dumped on for being the liberal version of a Fox News fan.

DwnWthVwls 04-04-2017 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1819710)
Policy change isn't shiny though.

Leading up to the election all I talked about was policy and how Trump wasn't going to align with my ideologies. And if I remember correctly I got dumped upon by a bunch of folks here for being too preachy with my beliefs.

It's pretty much a no win discussing politics here on MB....... or anywhere else for that matter.

Not from me. Honestly, I'm happy talking about anything that is actually relevant to POLITICS.. Not golf, tweets, trump as a human being, and nordstroms.

djchameleon 04-04-2017 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1819705)
Im complaining about how society gets distracted by reality tv drama type issues instead of remaining focused on things like policy change.

You do know how popular reality tv shows are and celebrity gossip is in general. Well it applies here as well. It's just something you have to deal with. Especially with a president that likes to speak directly to the public through Twitter since he claims he can't trust the media to report on anything properly.

Frownland 04-04-2017 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1819710)

Leading up to the election all I talked about was policy and how Trump wasn't going to align with my ideologies. And if I remember correctly I got dumped upon by a bunch of folks here for being too preachy with my beliefs.

Yes you certainly did. You also rode every hype train that was spun about Trump, so it maimed your credibility when you did speak about your own beliefs--it's hard to tell, like figuring out when I'm being a dick and when I'm trying to be funny :D.

In other news, I think this was a pretty cool move (even though, yes, it would be preferable if he allocated a sensible budget for national parks, or do both).

Trump Donates First-Quarter Salary to National Park Service

DwnWthVwls 04-04-2017 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1819721)

So cut their budget then throw some chump change at them.. :laughing: But seriously, that's cool, I can't complain about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djchameleon (Post 1819719)
You do know how popular reality tv shows are and celebrity gossip is in general. Well it applies here as well. It's just something you have to deal with. Especially with a president that likes to speak directly to the public through Twitter since he claims he can't trust the media to report on anything properly.

I think I deal with it pretty well. I don't attack anyone or create a bunch of forum drama over it. I'm just pointing it out in hopes that maybe some people, other than Frown, will understand the frivolousness of it all and stop paying it any attention. Slow change is better than no change.

Chula Vista 04-04-2017 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1819721)
like figuring out when I'm being a dick and when I'm trying to be funny

We'll unlock the mysteries of the universe long before we even get close to cracking that code....

DwnWthVwls 04-04-2017 10:24 AM

The answer is Frownland is always trying to be funny.

Chula Vista 04-04-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1819721)

$78,333.32 = Not even three days of SS protection for Melania and Baron while they stay in NYC.

Jebus. The Federal report on the National Parks budget is 623 pages long!

https://www.nps.gov/aboutus/upload/F...or-website.pdf

Chula Vista 04-04-2017 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1819724)
The answer is Frownland is always trying to be funny.

Yet he almost 100% fails at least 50% of the time and at least half fails the other 75% of the time.

Frownland 04-04-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls (Post 1819724)
The answer is Frownland is always trying to be funny.

It's a good rule of thumb.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1819725)
$78,333.32 = Not even three days of SS protection for Melania and Baron while they stay in NYC.

$78,333.32 = 390 Trump steaks

I mentioned before that his budget is a joke, doesn't make him following through on this campaign promise a bad thing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1819726)
Yet he almost 100% fails at least 50% of the time and at least half fails the other 75% of the time.

Are we talking about my jokes or your attempts at making good insults?

rostasi 04-04-2017 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1819726)
Yet he almost 100% fails at least 50% of the time and at least half fails the other 75% of the time.

That's almost 40% of 125% of the time! I'm impressed!

Chula Vista 04-04-2017 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rostasi (Post 1819867)
That's almost 40% of 125% of the time! I'm impressed!

http://stylebizz.com/wp-content/uplo...a-quotes-2.jpg

Frownland 04-04-2017 05:16 PM

Is Yogi Berra the posterchild for the negative effects of not wearing a helmet while at bat or something? I don't get why people love the guy--he's a straight up idiot.

Just look at this ****
Quote:

Interviewer: What do you expect is in store for the future of jazz trumpet?

Yogi: I'm thinkin' there'll be a group of guys who've never met talkin' about it all the time...

Interviewer: Can you explain jazz?

Yogi: I can't, but I will. 90% of all jazz is half improvisation. The other half is the part people play while others are playing something they never played with anyone who played that part. So if you play the wrong part, its right. If you play the right part, it might be right if you play it wrong enough. But if you play it too right, it's wrong.

Interviewer: I don't understand.

Yogi: Anyone who understands jazz knows that you can't understand it. It's too complicated. That's whats so simple about it.

Interviewer: Do you understand it?

Yogi: No. That's why I can explain it. If I understood it, I wouldn't know anything about it.

Interviewer: Are there any great jazz players alive today?

Yogi: No. All the great jazz players alive today are dead. Except for the ones that are still alive. But so many of them are dead, that the ones that are still alive are dying to be like the ones that are dead. Some would kill for it.

Interviewer: What is syncopation?

Yogi: That's when the note that you should hear now happens either before or after you hear it. In jazz, you don't hear notes when they happen because that would be some other type of music. Other types of music can be jazz, but only if they're the same as something different from those other kinds.

Interviewer: Now I really don't understand.

Yogi: I haven't taught you enough for you to not understand jazz that well.
That's retarded as balls, Yogi. You're not witty.

Chula Vista 04-04-2017 05:27 PM

Yogi > Einstein

If not for baseball the dude could have been George Carlin.

Psy-Fi 04-04-2017 05:30 PM

"I really didn't say everything I said." - Yogi Berra

Frownland 04-04-2017 05:31 PM

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

Aww Einstein's a downer just like me. He gets the edge.

The Batlord 04-04-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chula Vista (Post 1819895)

I like that as a younger person I wouldn't have understood the irrational, off putting rage behind this statement.

Chula Vista 04-04-2017 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1819906)
I like that as a younger person I wouldn't have understood the irrational, off putting rage behind this statement.

Whatever you do, don't ever google image "Keisha Bikini". Seriously. Suicide hotlines simply can't react that fast.

The Batlord 04-04-2017 05:41 PM

Who's Keisha?

Trollheart 04-04-2017 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 1819917)
Who's Keisha?

Keisha Nightly

The Batlord 04-04-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollheart (Post 1819923)
Keisha Nightly

You mean that Natalie Portman wannabe from Pirates of the Caribbean?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.