Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2011, 11:56 PM   #21 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Paedantic Basterd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 5,128
Default

My best friend and I are attempting to cut the garbage food out of our diets in place of fruits and salads. It's not going great.
__________________
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 02:50 AM   #22 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooka View Post
which foods, and are they different for men and women?
There are certain foods disregard what Dirty said he's wrong about the food thing. Almonds are helpful for helping you to burn belly fat. Oatmeal, protein powder/shakes, olive oil, berries, eggs , beans , whole grain products, peanut butter, specifically green vegetables, avocados and green tea. Some of them help to speed up your metabolism. As far as the whole different for men and women, I don't think it differs. Of course , these aren't magical like it's going to happen overnight but it will help while you are doing cardio and crunches. I don't get why having a layer of muscle under the fat is such a bad thing like Dirty seems to think. Once you lose the fat it will start to become more visible so keep up with the crunches.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
My best friend and I are attempting to cut the garbage food out of our diets in place of fruits and salads. It's not going great.
Well if you are trying to go cold turkey with garbage food then maybe that's why you are struggling. You should slowly transition and don't beat yourself up too much if you have some garbage type food every once in awhile.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 10:35 AM   #23 (permalink)
Neo-Maxi-Zoom-Dweebie
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: So-Cal
Posts: 3,653
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I think DJ is pretty much wrong on everything he said... Like I said, focus most on cardio. The crunches are good too but they won't target the area you are trying to get rid of. A million crunches are just gonna give you a layer of muscle way below your fat. So it won't even really be noticable until you lose the weight first.. Best way is simply just going hard on the running. I like to do sprints, makes it go quicker in my head. Sprint a bit, walk a little while, sprint, walk, sprint, walk. Mix in some ab workouts and pushups along the way.

As for those foods, I think it's basically just what you'd consider eating healthy.. AKA eating vegetables and fruits, not eating snack junk food and drinking soda. There's no magical foods that are really gonna make you lose the weiight in that lower stomach area. Just keep up the cardio and watching what you eat, nonsubmissivewife. don't get frustrated, it wasn't easy putting the weight on so it wont be easy shedding it either.
I agree with the fact you can't target specific areas with diet but doing crunches would help that specific muscle group. By toning the muscle you lose the fat when it turns to muscle. The thing people need to remember is muscle weighs more then fat so you will not notice a difference on your scale. You will notice a difference in how you feel and look. Cardio is never a bad thing.
FRED HALE SR. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #24 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsubmissivewife View Post
Yes, the results are obvious. However, I still have all this pudge around the middle that is really bothering me. My question is, what is a good way to minimize or get rid of the flab around my midsection without doing a bazillion crunches every night? Honestly, I don't mind doing crunches, but it just gets old and monotonous.
Unfortunately you can't target weight loss. As others have said, it's mainly cardio. I have a fat pouch as well, and it's a shame because I have hardly any fat anywhere else. It's so damn pesky.
__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 01:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Paedantic Basterd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: BC
Posts: 5,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Well if you are trying to go cold turkey with garbage food then maybe that's why you are struggling. You should slowly transition and don't beat yourself up too much if you have some garbage type food every once in awhile.
It's not that my diet is entirely awful, it's just riddled with poor choices when the two of us get together, haha.
__________________
Paedantic Basterd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:11 PM   #26 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
It's not that my diet is entirely awful, it's just riddled with poor choices when the two of us get together, haha.
lol ahh okay....I gotcha.

That'd be pretty awesome if you could just target one area but unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

The foods I listed earlier basically help with your metabolism.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:19 PM   #27 (permalink)
super cool
 
BTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 799
Default

I'm 17, probably like 5'8 or 9 and weigh around 115-120. i wanna get jacked. I eat a lot of garbage and don't exercise much. I've been attempting to do 3 sets of ten push ups and 2 or 3 minute long slants before bed.
how can i expedite my process of getting ripped?
__________________
BTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #28 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
There are certain foods disregard what Dirty said he's wrong about the food thing. Almonds are helpful for helping you to burn belly fat. Oatmeal, protein powder/shakes, olive oil, berries, eggs , beans , whole grain products, peanut butter, specifically green vegetables, avocados and green tea. Some of them help to speed up your metabolism. As far as the whole different for men and women, I don't think it differs. Of course , these aren't magical like it's going to happen overnight but it will help while you are doing cardio and crunches. I don't get why having a layer of muscle under the fat is such a bad thing like Dirty seems to think. Once you lose the fat it will start to become more visible so keep up with the crunches.
Not sure where you got that from. She originally said she wanted to get rid of the flab around her lower stomach, and crunches aren't gonna help her lose the weight. You can't target fat loss to a certain area. It just takes a lot of cardio. I even said about doing crunches and ab workouts but they aren't as important as cardio because you won't see the results until you lose more fat anyways. And the food thing is basically just eating healthy. Lean meats, whole grains, nuts, veggies, and fruits. Eating healthy will obviously help you lose fat.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:24 PM   #29 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
Not sure where you got that from. She originally said she wanted to get rid of the flab around her lower stomach, and crunches aren't gonna help her lose the weight. You can't target fat loss to a certain area. It just takes a lot of cardio. I even said about doing crunches and ab workouts but they aren't as important as cardio because you won't see the results until you lose more fat anyways. And the food thing is basically just eating healthy. Lean meats, whole grains, nuts, veggies, and fruits. Eating healthy will obviously help you lose fat.
She's already doing cardio so it doesn't hurt to continue what she is doing and keep up with the crunches. I know you can't target a certain area and I might not have gotten that point across with my first few posts but it's a bit more than just eating healthy with the foods I described. They do specific things and give certain nutrients. Majority of those foods help increase your metabolism so that you burn more calories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTown View Post
I'm 17, probably like 5'8 or 9 and weigh around 115-120. i wanna get jacked. I eat a lot of garbage and don't exercise much. I've been attempting to do 3 sets of ten push ups and 2 or 3 minute long slants before bed.
how can i expedite my process of getting ripped?
Obviously you should change your diet but on top of that you might want to do some weight training and look into getting those Creatin Powders to help add muscle.

I don't know too much about them but maybe someone else could help you with that.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2011, 04:42 PM   #30 (permalink)
Quiet Man in the Corner
 
CanwllCorfe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pocono Mountains
Posts: 2,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTown View Post
I'm 17, probably like 5'8 or 9 and weigh around 115-120. i wanna get jacked. I eat a lot of garbage and don't exercise much. I've been attempting to do 3 sets of ten push ups and 2 or 3 minute long slants before bed.
how can i expedite my process of getting ripped?
There's no real secrets unfortunately. Just exercise and change your diet! Most people lose their will power within a couple of weeks. I tend to make everything into a pattern/schedule, so I've never had trouble. But my friend Heather, her friend Ashley, my friend Nikki, my friend AJ, and also my step brother Ray all fell off the wagon within a month. So make sure you try and switch things up if you find yourself getting bored, or find someone to workout with so you can keep tabs on each other. I wasn't good at doing that. Once my friend Heather started to make excuses, I pretty much just let her fail.
__________________
Your eyes were never yet let in to see the majesty and riches of the mind, but dwell in darkness; for your God is blind.

CanwllCorfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.