The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge > Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2019, 09:18 PM   #17031 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

That's not true at all. I highly doubt we'd ever knowingly vote a pedophile president into office.

The reason why racism is such a big taboo is because it's an ideology used to justify atrocities like this.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:26 PM   #17032 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
That's not true at all. I highly doubt we'd ever knowingly vote a pedophile president into office.

The reason why racism is such a big taboo is because it's an ideology used to justify atrocities like this.
Huh?
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:43 PM   #17033 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Huh?
It's clear as day.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:52 PM   #17034 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
That's not true at all. I highly doubt we'd ever knowingly vote a pedophile president into office.
Roy Moore, electoral college, etc.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #17035 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 22,033
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
It's clear as day.
Do you think Catholicism is a race? Do you even know what racism is? Do you understand the difference between a race and a religion?

Racism justifies Catholic pedophilia? WTF are you talking about?

And WTF does the presidency have to do with it? Your comment was random af.
__________________

2016 2017 2018 2019 2020

Member of the Year & Journal of the Year Champion

Behold the Writing of THE LEGEND:

https://www.musicbanter.com/members-...p-lighter.html

OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:10 PM   #17036 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Do you think Catholicism is a race? Do you even know what racism is? Do you understand the difference between a race and a religion?

Racism justifies Catholic pedophilia? WTF are you talking about?

And WTF does the presidency have to do with it? Your comment was random af.
No it's not.

You said racism is more taboo than pedophilia. I used the presidency as an example refuting it.

I then explained why racism would be more taboo than pedophilia. Because racism gets used to justify greater atrocities. I know you're not that dumb, so quit pretending.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:11 PM   #17037 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
It’s astonishing to me that the taboo against bigotry is so much stronger than the taboo against pedophilia. No matter what the Catholic church does people will still defend Catholicism because they’re so obsessed with not hating on people for their beliefs.

Catholicism is all the Catholic people put together. And it’s bad. It’s a horrible institution because it’s made up of horrible people. People who deserve to be discriminated against because of their beliefs because their beliefs are bad. If someone tells you they’re Catholic you should tell them that’s ****ing repulsive. And they’re repulsive sick people.
lol... i wasnt aware catholicism preached pedophilia.

Please don't ever argue on behalf of atheism because your points are dishonest and ridiculous.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:19 PM   #17038 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
No it's not.

You said racism is more taboo than pedophilia. I used the presidency as an example refuting it.

I then explained why racism would be more taboo than pedophilia. Because racism gets used to justify greater atrocities. I know you're not that dumb, so quit pretending.
Seems self contradictory to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
lol... i wasnt aware catholicism preached pedophilia.

Please don't ever argue on behalf of atheism because your points are dishonest and ridiculous.
Catholicism supports paedophelia on an institutional level, contributing to that power structure means that you're perpetuating it. You can separate the art from the artist, but if you pay for and support the art to the point where you're assisting the artist perpetuate what you're trying to separate from their art, you become a part of the problem. This goes beyond tithing too, since becoming a part of a church provides them with a social legitimacy that draws in more people and at the end of the day, more victims. Plus, criticizing Catholicism isn't just an atheist game, give some credit to the KKK.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:25 PM   #17039 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,261
Default

In order to argue that catholicism supports pedophilia you would have to show evidence of that support in its doctrine or mission statement. Catholic philosophy does not support pedophilia, period, there is no debate here. Youre attaching a corrupted minority of the religion to the whole to support your position.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 10:27 PM   #17040 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
In order to argue that catholicism supports pedophilia you would have to show evidence of that support in its doctrine or mission statement. Catholic philosophy does not support pedophilia, period, there is no debate here. Youre attaching a corrupted minority of the religion to the whole to support your position.
Actions speak louder than sales pamphlets. You can argue that abstinence and such led to the corruption of the Catholic institution, but that corruption is deeply ingrained into this millennia-old institution to the point where they're inseparable.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.